Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
Titan Reloading Repackbox

View Poll Results: What gun would you set up for hunting, 10mm, 40 Super, 45 Super, 460 Rowland??

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10mm

34 75.56%
  • 45 Super

6 13.33%
  • 460 Rowland

4 8.89%
  • 40 Super

1 2.22%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What were you guys recommend 10mm 40 Super or 45 Super?

Boolit Buddy
    I only know of the 10mm and will go with that because brass is more common, I can shoot 40cal through it for fun, or even switch out the barrel for 357 Sig using worn 10mm brass resized.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandspider500 View Post
    Also, if you do decide on a 45 cal build, this is an excellent little bullet and the mold is fairly inexpensive. It's only .528 long, it has a .325 meplat and if loaded to 1.2 oal(which will require a throated barrel) with power pistol or longshot it will exceed 10mm and not even be a +p load.

It's the lee 452-200rf
    Can I ask what your lead mixture content is for the Lee 452-200 RPFP to get the hardness and do you lube or clear powder coat them?

I was looking at buying some mixed lead from Roto metals or just buy the products from them and just mix it myself to get started as lead is hit and miss locally.

Boolit Mold
    10MM is a good choice and is enough cartridge for anything in North America, except maybe bison.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by huntersdog View Post
    Can I ask what your lead mixture content is for the Lee 452-200 RPFP to get the hardness and do you lube or clear powder coat them?

I was looking at buying some mixed lead from Roto metals or just buy the products from them and just mix it myself to get started as lead is hit and miss locally.
    I use around 17lbs of coww and add 1 pound of monotype. I'm not sure what to call it other than a mongrel alloy. I think it close to 4% antimony and 1% of tin. I do powder coat them with a dark grey that is not represented in the picture. I also quench them straight from the oven after 30 mins @425, don't know if that's actually doing anything, but it does allow me to handle an size them right away.

10mm……for a semi-auto.
    Something bigger in a Revolver.

Boolit Mold
    I just had 200 rounds of 10mm loaded with 180 xtp at 1300fps. Probably get a bit more fps out of my 7"barrel. Can't wait to hunt with it this season!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123