• Stay persistent on receiving what you purchased

45 95.74%
  • Forget about the 58 pieces of brass you purchased, but didn't receive

2 4.26%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brass Purchase

Quote Originally Posted by JRD View Post
    Gents,
    I've cleaned out a good portion of my excess brass hoard over the winter on our swapping and selling forum. I've had some great interactions with other members and have really enjoyed the process. Cast Boolits is indeed classy with some great members. I suspect if I were meeting some of the members I've dealt with in person that I'd have new friends.
    My point as it relates to this discussion however is that, I believe best practice as a seller is to make darn sure you are delivering what you advertise. I've personally counted out tens of thousands of cases to make sure the quantities were right, culled cracked and dented cases, picked the odd 357 out of 38's, and then always thrown in a few extra pieces as insurance in case I missed culling a bad case.

To deliver something other than what you advertise, and then not immediately make right your mistake would not make for happy customers in my eyes.
    Thanks for bringing up the swapping and selling section here, I haven't been there yet. I also would like to find some 300 savage
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by ddeck22 View Post
    If you have to ship it back, use Pirate Ship to get commercial pricing. It's easy to setup an account and you'll save 50%+
    Thanks for the information, it's always nice to save on shipping

Quote Originally Posted by RickinTN View Post
    Ultimately it's your decision on what to do. My opinion...He should ship to you what he represented and what you bought, not what he thinks you need. What he thinks you need is irrelevant. I have a hard time understanding some people....My reputation is worth far more than a few pieces of brass. As a matter of fact I don't think I could put a price on it.
    Good Luck to you,
    Rick
    Rick,Thanks I completely agree.
    He wanted to ship extra 44 magnum cases and I told him that I just wanted what I paid for
    I agree my word and reputation is worth way more than a couple bucks
    Thanks again
    Kevin

Back in 2009, a guy joined Castboolits and proceeded to do bad business. He came to regret that. Before it was said and done, his neighbor knew about it, his mother in law got calls, and his boss at work came to him with why am I getting calls about you from strangers? He got busy straightening out his mess and then was gone. Information in the internet was much easier to get back then. Here's the saga of Bhula and if I get this link posted and you care to read it.

Murphy

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...ighlight=bhula
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Gather up your documentation and notify the postal inspector.
    Failing that, eat it and never order again.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
    square butte,
    This seems like an excellent forum.
    It's sad to see how our country to be in such a struggle with social values these past years
    Welcome to Amerika!

I bought some shotgun hulls once and they weren’t what was advertised. I called the seller, he got the hulls from a Boy Scout troop that collected hulls as a fund raiser. We split the price of the hulls.
    Look for a win-win.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Back in 2009, a guy joined Castboolits and proceeded to do bad business. He came to regret that. Before it was said and done, his neighbor knew about it, his mother in law got calls, and his boss at work came to him with why am I getting calls about you from strangers? He got busy straightening out his mess and then was gone. Information in the internet was much easier to get back then. Here's the saga of Bhula and if I get this link posted and you care to read it.

Murphy

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...ighlight=bhula
    Got what he deserved

Quote Originally Posted by WILCO View Post
    Gather up your documentation and notify the postal inspector.
    Failing that, eat it and never order again.
    WILCO, Thanks for the ideas
    We worked it out, I'm going to get what I purchased

Quote Originally Posted by Half Dog View Post
    I bought some shotgun hulls once and they weren’t what was advertised. I called the seller, he got the hulls from a Boy Scout troop that collected hulls as a fund raiser. We split the price of the hulls.
    Look for a win-win.
    Things can inadvertently happen, sounds like half the price of the hulls went to a good cause.

I agree, Look for a win-win
    So I'm shipping back his 44 specials at my cost, and he's sending me 58- 44 mag. cases. I really shouldn't ship on my dime, but I'm trying to show some integrity in working together through a problem.
    And we both fell like a win-win

Boolit Master

Now that I think about it, I had a slightly similar issue here a couple years ago. I bought a 1911 barrel off of Swappin and Sellin. I paid and he shipped the barrel promptly. When I pulled it out of the box, I could see a problem. The chamber was .45 size, but the hole in the end of the barrel was 9mm size. It was some custom barrel for a wildcat round. I let him know, and he said I could ship it back for a refund, which I did. He promptly sent me a refund of what I paid, but didn't offer to cover my return shipping. I saw that he sold it again quickly, I think for more as I recall.

The mistake was completely on his end, but I ended up with nothing but hassle and shipping expense. I just let it go, wasn't worth worrying about, but on the other hand, I would never do business with him again either. No hard feelings really, just left a bad taste in my mouth.

It's just one of those things. A few dollars really isn't worth fussing about either way. I think sometimes sellers (and buyers) get wrapped up in the numbers: "If I pay shipping both ways, that cuts into my profit too much." It's not really the money that concerns them- they spend more than that on their morning coffee, it's the numbers. Say they have $30 into some item; they can't let it go for less than that or it's a loss, and that would really bother them. I used to think that way to a degree, until one day I realized how foolish it was.

Murphy, thanks for that entertaining link!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by greybuff View Post
    I would contact the forum moderators and let them know as no matter how you slice it, he CHEATED you!
    yep he scammed you Stay within the rules on that forum let the Mods give you advice on how they would handle it. you paid for it he owes you a refund or more of the right brass.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master
    Many years ago a fellow I respected for his wisdom spoke to me about how to value other people. His words were: "You can measure the worth of a man by two standards. The first is how he keeps his word. The second is how he pays his debts." Then he continued on the second standard by adding that debts do not always involve money. I have used these words for many years and they always return to me like a long-lost friend. Good words to live by.

Boolit Master
    He finally got back in touch and said he will send me 67 pieces of 44 magnum brass, I told him I just want the 58 I purchased.

Then he asked me if I would ship his 44 special back to him, or some other forum member? I told him I would ship the 44 special brass back to him, and he can send it to whoever he wants.
    I don't feel like I should be paying shipping again?
    aint no way id pay shipping due to his mistake back to him.He is just being a jerk
    Last edited by barnabus; 04-07-2024 at 06:37 AM.

WILCO, Thanks for the ideas
    We worked it out, I'm going to get what I purchased
    Dude!!! That's great!!!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

I understand that you don’t want to shoot 44 Special brass out of your 44 Mag but it is no different than shooting 38s in a 357.
    44 Special is less available now than it was in the early 80s when I got my first 44 Mag.
    Special brass goes quickly on this forum and one member here didn’t offer a trade.
    I am waiting for some Special brass for my S&W 696 in 44 Special, I can’t use Mag brass in it.
    I agree that he should make it right, I had a similar situation and I worked it out with the member here and made him happy.
    Glad you are getting what you want and paid for but it sucks that you have to pay for the shipping back to him.
    Please keep us updated as to what happens!

Sounds like you got Wenzeled, That term came from a punk kid that was selling a new ring and pinion for a truck only it wasn’t new it was like new and then he changed his price after he agreed to sell it and then he wanted extra money for shipping thinking that his presence on the Internet was anonymous.

Me He got schooled by some stand by your word pirates.

I would move on after publicly shaming the seller.

I assume he didn’t know what he was grabbing and didn’t intentionally send you special instead of magnum. That said, he should have owned up to the mistake and asked you what you wanted to make it good. If you cannot work something out, I would probably let it go and put him on my deadbeat list.

Boolit Buddy
    Middle Tennessee for now. Want to buy land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    Hanlon’s razor is the adage that you should “never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity”. Applied broadly, this principle suggests that when assessing people’s actions, you should not assume that they acted out of a desire to cause harm, as long as there is a reasonable alternative explanation.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast