My baby brother elected to purchase the aforementioned rifle (FOR STUPID MONEY!!) and had a SIG Buckmaster scope mounted (for more money) to shoot ground squirrels with.
It seems to be a well put together rifle and the action seems solid. He said he had it bore sighted and had it shooting well on paper within around 30 rounds. He met me checking cows yesterday afternoon and said the darn thing wouldn't hit the broadside of a barn at 50 yards and asked me for help.
First thing - front mount was loose. Second - you could see that the rear mount had a gap between the ring and tube at 4 o'clock from the back and 2 o'clock looking from the front.
Took the scope off, removed the mounts from the rifle, cleaned the areas with alcohol and bedded them. Installed screws with purple lok tite. Mounted the rings with purple lok tite and lapped them. Placed the scope, leveled the reticle, bore sighted it, and cleaned the action and bore and barrel.
First group was right and low.
It cleaned up, seemed to like Hornady 17gr VMax better than Winchester or CCI (CCI is interestingly advertised on the stock by a sticker).
About every 6th round was a failure to cycle - regardless of ammunition, but was more frequent with the Winchester brand. Even single loading with and without the magazine would result in about the same result.
Anyone else have experience with this rifle? Or any ideas?
I looked up the disassembly of the bolt - not for the feint of heart!
I feel like it's shooting well enough for a lower end semiautomatic 17, but the reliability of the rifle seems to leave something to be desired.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk