Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Repackbox Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JES does it again with Handi

Don’t know about JES but John Taylor does that and does it well.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    Don’t know about JES but John Taylor does that and does it well.
    I actually had his name scribbled down as a possibility, having seen some of his posts. Thanks!
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Buddy
    Tool maker TN: I like my 35 whelen with cast. Only made the mistake of shooting jacketed factory equivalent loads once
    You're right, it will loosen your fillings
    I shoot a 230 gc cast bullet at about 2000 fps. Not bad at all.
    Siamese4570

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    I went with the 356 Winchester. Scored a lifetime supply of brass which is the hardest part of feeding the 356.
    356 would be awesome. I've only seen one for sale ever, a Marlin. Either they didn't make very many of them, or the people who have them aren't giving them up. JES would be an awesome way to go. Brass issue, but I understand some of the factory guns will function ok with 308 based brass.
    “The State that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools.”
    ― Thucydides

“The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.”
    ― Thucydides

Quote Originally Posted by siamese4570 View Post
    Tool maker TN: I like my 35 whelen with cast. Only made the mistake of shooting jacketed factory equivalent loads once
    You're right, it will loosen your fillings
    I shoot a 230 gc cast bullet at about 2000 fps. Not bad at all.
    Siamese4570
    I would think it would, for sure. But if it's ok with cast at that level, might be an option to have JES rebore that one too. Wouldn't be like plinking with a 22, certainly, but would be effective. A 230gr @ 2000fps isn't going to bounce off of much....
    I'm also considering maybe doing a stub on the 270 barrel, maybe a .38-55 or 375 winchester.
    “The State that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools.”
    ― Thucydides

“The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.”
    ― Thucydides

Quote Originally Posted by Toolmaker TN View Post
    356 would be awesome. I've only seen one for sale ever, a Marlin. Either they didn't make very many of them, or the people who have them aren't giving them up. JES would be an awesome way to go. Brass issue, but I understand some of the factory guns will function ok with 308 based brass.
    I have both Winchester and Marlin rifles in 356 Win and they both work fine with 308 brass.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Toolmaker TN View Post
    I bought a 336 chambered for 35 Remington that had a gouge in the chamber and wouldn't extract a fired case. I rechambered it to 358 Win, and opened up the bolt face slightly to fit. It runs 308 based cases just fine and shoots way more accurately than it did as a 35 rem. I just hold the velocity down to a reasonable level and don't try firing any factory 358 ammo in it.

I have read somewhere that JES no longer will do the 356W rebore because of some “reckless” reloading by customers. He still has it listed on his website the last time I looked and I haven’t talked to him , so not sure if it’s the case or not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12