Reloading EverythingWidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 32cal Thompson Center

Boolit Master

The .32 caliber tc cherokee was a 1:30 twist from the begining All other tc's had a 1;48 twist
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

I have one of CVA's versions of that, very fun little shooter.
    It's called the Squirrel rifle.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Boolit Master

I have one of those I bought several yeas ago, I am not sure what I paid but I think it was about $250.00. It is not for sale, but I would not even consider letting it go for less than $600.00.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Yup a lot of folks in my neck of the woods are looking for and shooting .32. Fun and economical to shoot. I have not gone there yet but have a .36, .38, .40, .50, .54 and a .58. So am missing a number. Lol

Boolit Master
    You’re missing a second number.
    A .56 SB
    Or a .69 or .75

Quote Originally Posted by LAGS View Post
    You’re missing a second number.
    A .56 SB
    Or a .69 or .75
    Oh dang! I’m worse off than I thought I was. Will you help me explain that to the wife? Lol

Ps I did miss adding my .45 to my list. Kinda looking like I might have some sorta problem.
    Last edited by Rockingkj; 04-04-2024 at 07:03 PM.

Boolit Master
    Yes T/C made a maxi ball mold it was 103 grains. The revolvers are good to but the .32 revolver will take a larger ball than the rifle .310 for the rifle and .320-.323 for the revolver and a .451 or .454 for the Remington army copy.

Boolit Master

I made one of these (Cherokee) in the '80's from a kit. Still have it. In their companion book they recommend .315 ball. Mine likes 30 gr Pyrodex P.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird View Post
    I made one of these (Cherokee) in the '80's from a kit. Still have it. In their companion book they recommend .315 ball. Mine likes 30 gr Pyrodex P.
    I just bought a new in package T/C 32 cal round ball mold, it’s .315. I’m not aware of anyone who still makes a .315.

Boolit Master
    I bought .315 balls from TOW
    I think they are Hornaday

I would love one of those. TC made some nice guns. I tried to get one once on gun broker but once the bid went past $600.00 i was out. They fetch a pretty good price unless you get lucky.
    Dont pee down my back and tell me its raining.

I noticed my Crockett with a 1/48 shoots better with 25 to 30 gr 3f than it does with 15 to 20 gr. With that 1/30 you must be able to down load and have real good accuracy. The 1/48 you must have to speed it up more. I wish i would have got into muzzle loaders along time ago when the prices were not so inflated
    Dont pee down my back and tell me its raining.

Quote Originally Posted by lead chucker View Post
    I noticed my Crockett with a 1/48 shoots better with 25 to 30 gr 3f than it does with 15 to 20 gr. With that 1/30 you must be able to down load and have real good accuracy. The 1/48 you must have to speed it up more. I wish i would have got into muzzle loaders along time ago when the prices were not so inflated
    Exactly. My TC is best with 15 grains of powder, and my Dixie squirrel rifle with 1:48 is best with 30 grains. The TC makes a better squirrel rifle, the Dixie blows them up.
    I hear you on the prices, I am glad I bought a lot of muzzleloaders back in the day. I never had much money and I could afford them so that's what I bought. Not so much any longer. I do wish I had kept a few that I sold off over the years, some of them are big bucks now.

Boolit Master

Keep an eye on the stock at the lock plate bolt/escutcheon area. I've had a number of Senecas and Cherokee's over the years and practically every example regardless of caliber cracked in that part of the stock. It wasn't that big of a deal before the fire, T/C would replace them without batting an eye. Sadly, like these side locks, T/C is history as well.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Michel View Post
    Keep an eye on the stock at the lock plate bolt/escutcheon area. I've had a number of Senecas and Cherokee's over the years and practically every example regardless of caliber cracked in that part of the stock. It wasn't that big of a deal before the fire, T/C would replace them without batting an eye. Sadly, like these side locks, T/C is history as well.
    Especially in the 45 caliber. Epoxy bedding the tang so the force is spread over the whole area goes a long way to keeping that from happening.

Boolit Master
    I agree with glass bedding the Tang area on the TC stocks ,
    Plus in most cases the whole barrel channel.

Boolit Master

Close is not good enough in the tang area. I have seen more muzzleloaders with a split wrist or chipped around the tang than any other area of the stock. my experience anyway, james

Hey guys i got a chance to shoot all of them Friday only a few shots each but they all shots great.. 32 Tc the 54cal TC Hawken's 44cal EN pistol and the bp db 12ga... We had a good time it just got to cold on us lol.. now i need to shoot the 32cal pistol and i will have shot all of them..

Thanks for all the help and information..

God Bless

JDAS

I purchased a .32 caliber CVA Squirrel Rifle years ago, ended up trading it in on a .32 Pedersoli Pennsylvania Rifle.
    I really enjoy shooting the .32 caliber, can shoot all weekend on a single flask of powder and no sore shoulder.
    I did miss my little Squirrel Rifle so I ended up picking up another, a lot easier walking through the woods with.
    I also won a .32 Caliber CVA Pioneer Pistol Kit which I enjoyed putting together and shooting.
    Those .32's are a hoot to shoot.

AntiqueSledMan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12