RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: Redding “Master” Powder Measure drop tube

Boolit Mold

Redding “Master” Powder Measure drop tube

I have an old (brown) Redding Master powder measure and the drop tube snapped.
    Does anyone know if the tube is pressed in or threaded? The material is opaque, and I can’t see if there are threads or not.
    Thanks.

Boolit Bub

Found this thread on google images, Perhaps this member could give you a definitive answer.
    Looks to me to be unthreaded but I'm not sure.
    https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...-Missing-Parts

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for the reply. I emailed Redding to see if they can help. Trying to keep myself from prying on what's left of the tube still in the casting, and obliterating it completely. Hopefully I'll get an answer one way or the other.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by GOPHERLAKE View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I emailed Redding to see if they can help. Trying to keep myself from prying on what's left of the tube still in the casting, and obliterating it completely. Hopefully I'll get an answer one way or the other.
    Couldn’t resist, pried the drop tube out- it’s pressed not threaded. The tube itself has a stepped portion slightly narrower than the rest of the tube, which pushes into the casting. I see Redding sells some online, not sure if they fit the older models, and the new ones are dark green in color, the old ones clear.
    Haven’t heard back from Redding yet, so hope they have some old ones.

I bought an adapter from Sinclair when they were still in business. I needed a smaller orifice for the 204 Ruger. It came with an adapter and an extended clear drop tube with three different orifices. It works extremely well.

https://www.primarytactical.com/prod...-tube-adapter/

It's the gizzy on the right. I can't find the complete adapter, tube and orifice on line. You may want to see if you can find one. The extended clear tube virtually eliminates the problem of bridging, you can see it when it happens. A simple tap on the tube will get the powder flowing again. I backlight my tube so I can see every powder drop.
    Last edited by 15meter; 04-06-2024 at 05:00 PM.