Thread: Sabbath Rest

Boolit Master
    Is it wise to take a day of rest?

Boolit Master
    Is it wise to take a day of rest?

Yes.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post
    The Sabbath was given to Israel, not the church. The Sabbath is still Saturday, not Sunday, and has never been changed.
    I agree... I can not understand why folks want to return to the yoke (actually the curse) of the Law.

So as to not be mistaken...
    I Love the fellowship of the church...
    I love hearing the Word preached (not a watered down version that tiptoes around sensitive subjects so as to not offend.)
    I love taking time off to rest but not at the expense of important stuff not getting done.

What a Christian "saved by Grace through Faith" calls church... is a completely different animal then the Hebrew Sabbath.

I really have a hard time reconciling why so many want to merge the two!

It makes me think of Galatians 3:1-29
    For the sake of space I will just hit some highlights, but would highly recommend a refresh for those that have not read it in a while.

1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
    2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
    3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
    11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
    12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
    13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
    25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
    26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Anyway, please excuse my Anti-Legalism tangent.

Obviously you can't live by the Law alone..one slip and you'd be done..you cannot sacrifice to atone so you'd be done for as far as salvation goes...Thank you Christ for taking care of that for us.

...But I got a question for the Law haters out there....when you repent, how do you know what to repent for? Without the Law, you wouldn't know what's sin and what ain't.
    1John 3:4 If you sin you transgress the Law for sin is transgression of the Law. Pretty simple.

I really do wish more people knew the difference between Law, ordnances and statutes. ANYTHING requiring bloodletting isn't a Law....and would be an insult to Christ for he shed all the blood that'll ever need to be shed. Period. Ritual and Holy days won't save or damn you, none of that is Law. Theft, Homicide, Rape, Adultery .....it's still the Law. If we obeyed God's commandment for dealing with transgressors of those Laws...it would cease to happen among us but we're too good to put a child molester to death any more. (*spits on the ground*)
    It just confuses me why people so adamantly turn their nose up to the Law given through Moses. I would think anything our Father took the time to have recorded would be worthy of learning. How many times did Jesus put the temple boys in their place with "It is written, have you not read?"
    I'm skirting close to being judgmental here..but....there are a lot of people in my neck of the woods who couldn't be bothered to read anything in the old testament, let alone understanding Law. That's absurd. Every word Old & New testament is the word of God....Yeshua Jesus the Christ IS the living Word. He is in every single word if you look for it. ....Even the book of Numbers which, without fail, puts me firmly asleep should i try to read more than 3 or 4 chapters.

It ain't worth getting upset over though...Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
    Isaiah 45 - I AM the Lord and there is none else

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Nines&Twos View Post

...But I got a question for the Law haters out there....
    If you are referring to me... I am not a Law hater, on the contrary I love every jot and tittle of GODs word. Being able to rightfully divide the WORD as to what is applicable regarding salvation after the cross is not hating anything.

I really do wish more people knew the difference between Law, ordnances and statutes. ANYTHING requiring bloodletting isn't a Law....and would be an insult to Christ for he shed all the blood that'll ever need to be shed. Period.
    I am not sure what bloodletting you are talking about... But the original post/question had to do with keeping the sabbath and how much work you could get away with without being in violation of the Law. Sort of like Numbers 15:32-36 where they stoned a fellow for picking up sticks on the Sabbath

It just confuses me why people so adamantly turn their nose up to the Law given through Moses. I would think anything our Father took the time to have recorded would be worthy of learning.
    Well most of my post was not just my opinion on the matter... it was Paul's strong rebuke to the foolish Galatians for trying to work the Law into salvation.(and I am fairly certain that his words were inspired by the Father) So if you take exception to him turning up his nose to the Law you will have to take it up with him at the next Family reunion.

It ain't worth getting upset over though...Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
    That is for sure and for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post
    The Sabbath was given to Israel, not the church. The Sabbath is still Saturday, not Sunday, and has never been changed.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Saturday-Sunday.html
    This what I was going to say , if one dose not think so look at your calendar and tell us what is the last day of the week . And what is the first day of the week . I do not worship the sun . The Sabbath is on Saturday that is why it is call that because of the Sabbath. Also if one thinks you should not do anything on it . Look what was wrote in the book . Asking that if your animal is stuck in the mud and it is on the Sabbath will you leave it there to die or take it out? We all do our on way of the Sabbath . It is not what one writes in the book because guess who wrote that book , it is man not one and only. Also who translate it from the one who first wrote it ? It is up to the one who translate it for how they see it . because like the english words it all sounds the same and might look the same but have different meaning . Like you trout fish and you run and trout line .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12