Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30/30 rules and forum warning

Banned

30/30 rules and forum warning

Posting here in the FAQ section because I'm not sure where this best fits, but was hoping for some meaningful discussion and feedback/clarification.

I recently got a warning for posting in the classified section because I don't have 30 meaningful posts and 30 days of being a member.

The moderator that gave me the warning said I'm not allowed to post in the classifieds section, despite being a member since 2010 and the rule he sent me a link to was implemented in 2018.

I had a colleague here at work join the forum moments ago and after joining he attempted to post in the classifieds and his classified section did not have the "Post new thread" button. I had him email me a screenshot of his account and I added a screen shot of my classifieds section which clearly has the "post new thread" button enabled.

On the left is a screenshot of a brand new forum member beside it on the right is my screenshot. It would appear I am grandfathered in to the classified section and the rule doesn't apply.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	325171

Banned
    To be clear, the reason I only have 7 posts since 2010 is that I use the search function. Most of the topics I have a question about have been asked and answered repeatedly. Plus there are many on this forum way more knowledgeable than I am so I defer to their expertise. In short, I read way more than I post.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Not a bad thing.

The 30/30 rule in S&S is to help protect members from scammers, and people using the site as a free/no-fee ebay.
    The rules for the site are like a big rock down by the river: Easy to find, and hard to move.

Also, they are strictly enforced.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

As time goes on and I hear new ways scammers take advantage of people, I wish the rules would also evolve to something like a 60/60 rule. No offense intended but I appreciate the rule and the ones who enforce it.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

It is best to not post anything for sale on this forum.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BoBSavage View Post
    Well, Sir i disagree!
    I have found some things on hear for sale that I would be hard pressed to find any place else. Not saying I couldn't find them.....

Plus, I have found good deals on boolit molds.

But, that is what makes this site so good, the moderators do a good job, and the users of this site ain't bad either!

Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by 45workhorse View Post
    Well, Sir i disagree!
    I have found some things on hear for sale that I would be hard pressed to find any place else. Not saying I couldn't find them.....

Plus, I have found good deals on boolit molds.

But, that is what makes this site so good, the moderators do a good job, and the users of this site ain't bad either!
    Then we will agree to disagree! The guy has been here 13 years.....at least I meet the 60/60?

Boolit Buddy
    I agree with 45workhorse. The S&S site is usually the first thing I check when logging on. The items for sale on here are more pertinent to my hobbies than other sites. The prices are usually more reasonable and I trust the buyers way more than anywhere else. I have yet to get taken on a purchase. I try to do the same for my buyers. I guess the 30/30 rule is working pretty good.

I to do way more reading than posting and I want to thank the members for that. Knowledgable bunch of guys on here. I like to consider myself an accomplished cast boolit reloader and the people on this site are to be thanked for that.

Thanks, Floyd

I too frequent the S&S sub forum and have sold and purchased items many times and have had no troubles.
    ​Je suis Charlie

I tend to agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    Why is that?
    Kinda like many things in life. Quickest way to get yourself in trouble. Apart from being a general pain in the rear, that is.

I try to avoid both.

Boolit Grand Master
    Wow. It is very easy and reasonable to obey these rules. What is all the hubbub?

I'm not a big buyer or seller on this or other forums, but I have had great luck and enjoyment every time I did. I love being able to see that the person I'm doing business with is a member in good standing, is a real person, and has complimentary response from past sales and purchases.

The rules are for a reason, they are very reasonable, and easy to abide by. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Grand Master
    IMO the 30/30 rule is fair.

In my experience, I have had better results selling on eBay or GunBroker. I have sold a lot of stuff in the last few years.

This a good place for a buyer. There are a lot of older members wanting to move stuff as they downsize.
    Don Verna

Boolit Bub
    I am like the op in that I read a lot more than I post. I had to go and look at the # of posts that I have and before this one it is at 28 although I do have a lot more than the 30 days as a member. I guess 1 more and I will be able to sell if I would like to.

Boolit Buddy
    Other forums have similar rules to avoid scammers and the like. I have seen other sites only allow S&S type postings to paid members. I pay for this site since it is such a good resource and I want to support it.

I sell items on here since it is a good community of people.

Boolit Master
    Being a black hole of consumption myself, selling never enters my mind, but I have bought a good number of items from this site and appreciate the rules and restrictions to keep scammers away. Maybe there should be a change though for people who post very little yet have been members for multiple years. On the other hand, it doesn't take that much effort to participate enough to post 30 times. It demonstrates a genuine interest in the hobby that a scammer wouldn't have.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by 35 Rem View Post
    Being a black hole of consumption myself, selling never enters my mind, but I have bought a good number of items from this site and appreciate the rules and restrictions to keep scammers away. Maybe there should be a change though for people who post very little yet have been members for multiple years. On the other hand, it doesn't take that much effort to participate enough to post 30 times. It demonstrates a genuine interest in the hobby that a scammer wouldn't have.
    I was gonna say almost the same things. It is not hard to reach 30 meaningful posts. I personally don't like the ones that go back and resurrect a several year old thread to basically say "I agree" with a few additional words to get a post count. Everyone in this hobby will have a question now and then or a way of doing something that may be slightly different than the "norm". Look at powder coating or golden/crimson powders. Folks are pretty smart in these parts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast