Snyders JerkyWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: Making of a Krupp gun

Boolit Grand Master

Making of a Krupp gun

Look about 2/3 point.
    They push in a empty shell.
    Wonder what the reloading press for that looked like????
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x0-bQX3tpI

Boolit Master
    Krupp used a brass shell to seal the breech,the French used a different system ,adopted by the US ,of the mushroom headed breechblock.

Boolit Buddy

Nice video of the Krupp Werks!!! Don't have a Krupp gun quite that big. Mine is an 80mm breech loader dated 1881. Right out of the Ruhr valley. Its a "bag gun"! Takes a projectile that I make out of schedule 80 3" conduit machined to bore diameter and an oak plug turned to groove diameter glued into the tube and filled with concrete. Weighs in at 6 lbs. A bag of 10oz of black cannon powder drives this projectile. The Zundel Patronen cartridge made from a 44 mag blank ignites the main charge. Fire with a pull lanyard. Shoots like it has eyes! The gain twist rifling and brass micrometer sights contribute to its accuracy. I shot my wife's old washing machine at 100 yards. The washing machine is not repairable with a 5" hole through it. Oh I forgot! Bullet lube is Crisco smeared on the oak bottom plug.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Krupp1.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	325047Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Krupp2.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	325048Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Krupp3.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	325049

Boolit Master

I take it they didn't have OSHA around? Dang, that was a lathe! Would love to see the foundry!
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Some people just have too much fun!

IIRC they weren't that effective. Too many people involved in shooting and not that accurate. Mostly fear factor. The really big one was used to destroy an ammo dump underground. Barrel life was like 10 rnds.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rockindaddy View Post
    Nice video of the Krupp Werks!!! Don't have a Krupp gun quite that big. Mine is an 80mm breech loader dated 1881. Right out of the Ruhr valley. Its a "bag gun"! Takes a projectile that I make out of schedule 80 3" conduit machined to bore diameter and an oak plug turned to groove diameter glued into the tube and filled with concrete. Weighs in at 6 lbs. A bag of 10oz of black cannon powder drives this projectile. The Zundel Patronen cartridge made from a 44 mag blank ignites the main charge. Fire with a pull lanyard. Shoots like it has eyes! The gain twist rifling and brass micrometer sights contribute to its accuracy. I shot my wife's old washing machine at 100 yards. The washing machine is not repairable with a 5" hole through it. Oh I forgot! Bullet lube is Crisco smeared on the oak bottom plug.Click image for larger version. 

It doesn't get much cooler than this!
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master
    Krupp guns were effective all right........the Turks used 1890s Krupp guns to drive off a British and French invasion fleet in the Gallipoli campaign in 1915.......one gun was hit with a shell from a battleship killing the crew,and three men continued to load the gun with 300lb shells ,and fire on the ships.

Boolit Master

Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockindaddy View Post

I like it.