Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: What's Up!!!

Boolit Master

Cool What's Up!!!

--- Hey There Everybody!! Need'n a cast boolit fix so I've decided to set up a Roof-Over
    bench with walls that can be removed. I've got a lot of rifles that I've changed scopes on or swapped them around that need sighted in. Been doing some morning walk Yotie hunting & finding very little sign of any being around. Spent a little time sighting in a Ruger African 358 today & some of the heavies sort of pushed me around with the heavily charged 250 grain loads. What is your project for the time between now & next hunting season??? -06

Boolit Mold
    Build a new blind and get some food plots planted.

Boolit Grand Master
    Food plots both at home and away at our western Maryland club land.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by versa-06 View Post
    --- Hey There Everybody!! Need'n a cast boolit fix so I've decided to set up a Roof-Over
    bench with walls that can be removed. I've got a lot of rifles that I've changed scopes on or swapped them around that need sighted in. Been doing some morning walk Yotie hunting & finding very little sign of any being around. Spent a little time sighting in a Ruger African 358 today & some of the heavies sort of pushed me around with the heavily charged 250 grain loads. What is your project for the time between now & next hunting season??? -06
    Ruger African 358? Details please…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Well the African models come from the factory with Barrel mounted sights. The front sight is a full wrap around sight & the rear sight is a fully adjustable flip sight. This one is brushed stainless & a 20" barrel, with a polymer stock. It's short & great handling in the bush. I also have a 243 African with a Zytel stock & polished stainless steel with a 22" barrel. These guns I looked for for years & when I found them my wife was glad I found them, so no problem there. -06

Banner Sponsor

That 358 African sounds amazing.

My projects for the next little bit is getting a CZ527 223 to shoot well with 50gn tnt Speers. I'm down to about 1/2" groups but I think there's still room for improvement.

Next up is my 358 Razorback ar15.
    Getting all the bugs worked out, then have to wait till after turkey season to hunt hogs with it.

Oh, the 223 is for a ground hog hunt in Minnesota...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20240322_164808.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	324936

Last year I had a Remington #2 rolling block relined to .32 S&W Long. Worked up some quiet and accurate loads with 100 grain cast flat point. Quiet because I kept the velocity below mach 1. So no sonic crack. I'm satisfied with that load but have decided to try a heavier, 115 grain boolit and at a faster velocity. Just something to carry in case I need more than the quiet load. In my earlier tests I got 1327 fps from the 100 grainer with no pressure signs. Will be interested to see what turns up.

Jim

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by versa-06 View Post
    Well the African models come from the factory with Barrel mounted sights. The front sight is a full wrap around sight & the rear sight is a fully adjustable flip sight. This one is brushed stainless & a 20" barrel, with a polymer stock. It's short & great handling in the bush. I also have a 243 African with a Zytel stock & polished stainless steel with a 22" barrel. These guns I looked for for years & when I found them my wife was glad I found them, so no problem there. -06
    358 win or 358 norma?

Boolit Master
    358 Winchester -06

Boolit Buddy
    Loading up for prairie dogs in May. My annual get together with BIL from MN. Taking my oldest son along to share in the fun.

I’ve never taken a gobbler with the .218 Bee.
    I hope to amend that statement next Saturday with a 55 gr Lee Bator boolit!

Boolit Master
    I have found that shooting a turkey in the lower abdomen drops them well. Breast shots leave them running or flying. -06