RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load DataReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: I tested my brother's Ruger Max 9.

Boolit Master

I tested my brother's Ruger Max 9.

My brother bought his wife a new Ruger Max 9 with a factory Crimson Trace red dot installed. Due to back issues, he was unable to get to the range to make sure it functioned. He asked me to check it out and said I could do a video of it for my YT channel.

I fired it with the ammo he supplied, shot it side-by-side with my daily carry Sig P365, and my only other 9mm, a Glock G19.

He purchased it from Palmetto State Armory a few months ago for $349.

After shooting it, I concluded that it was a reliable, functional, and adequate little gun for self-defense. The Sig pointed better for me, and was of higher quality, but the little Ruger was not bad at all.

I don't think my brother liked the deficiencies I found with it, but I try to be as honest as possible in my reviews.

"Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    My oldest son & his wife & my other DIL came out to shoot about a month ago. He specifically wanted to look into a smaller 9mm for daily carry.
    I supplied a few Rugers,, and there were a few other's in the mix. Including a SIG 365.

I kinda chuckled as he went through them. He really had a pre-conceived attitude he'd like the SIG over the others. Well, after it was over,, that week he bought a LC9 Ruger.

And his wife,, she's planning on getting one as well soon.

Best to always take a woman out to shoot several guns that may fit her and never just buy one you think she will like. Most unlikely that I have run across so far is my hunting buddy's wife that is 4"11" and all of 90 pounds and loves her Smith 40 and she can shoot it real well.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers