Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old truck headlights

Boolit Bub
    As sated above buy the 6024 halogens. If you want something better go to DanielSternkighting.com and he will advise you on your best options.
    Relays are a good upgrade.

LED's are only legal and acceptable in housings specifically designed and approved for LED's. They also tend to blind oncoming traffic. I personally would like to take a hammer to every one I see...LOL.

In my 92 Dodge D250 I use Cibie housings with H4 bulbs which have a much better pattern than any LED you could put in it's place.

Vendor Sponsor

Another vote for the Silverstar! You can find aftermarket housings with reflectors and lenses for the silverstar bulbs, that would really wake up your visible light without hurting other drivers, they're bright but not blue or harsh sharp bright.

LEDs are a big learning curve to be honest, and they don't work worth a flip in housings optimized for halogen bulbs, and they irritate oncoming drivers when used in halogen reflectors.

Don't know what it would take to swap in the correct housings and reflectors for an older vehicle but I wager youtube knows!

I put the silverstars in my 2008 Nissan Xterra and polished out the lenses with the Meguiars kit Holy Moley I can see at night now REALLY good!
    Last edited by DougGuy; 03-19-2024 at 10:42 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    might try calling the brillman company and ask them what options they know of or have available. the are experts in everything electrical for old vehicles

Boolit Master
    I just buy the Halogens that are advertised to be the "brightest" when I'm standing in Advanced Auto for use in my 1964 Chevy pickup. They are brighter than most new vehicles I've driven.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12