RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWidenersRepackbox
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 218 Bee

Boolit Master

I like the lil bator and the Ranch Dog bullet too. The lil 225450 sees uses and feeds better from my 43.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

I have a Marlin Classic and 225415 and 225438 Lyman molds.
    It like the lighter 225438 the best.
    It will shoot the 225415 , but you have to push it pretty hard to stabilize it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dale2242 View Post
    I have a Marlin Classic and 225415 and 225438 Lyman molds.
    It like the lighter 225438 the best.
    It will shoot the 225415 , but you have to push it pretty hard to stabilize it.
    What are you shooting this from? I had a buddy give me samples and it REFUSES to feed from my Model 43.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Actually the aluminum collet was working, the shell holder was when the blue air started!
    I hadn't thought
    About using the seating die! Duh. I'll try that.
    Of the 11 I was able to pull I found various OALs, a few almost .020 long so now I have to trim as well.

Boolit Bub
    I recently acquired a full 310 reloading setup with Lyman 225462 and all the original boxes. I've been meaning to post pictures of the haul in the vintage forum. I don't even own a .218, but perhaps a Handi stub conversion is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyMack View Post
    Actually the aluminum collet was working, the shell holder was when the blue air started!
    I hadn't thought
    About using the seating die! Duh. I'll try that.
    Of the 11 I was able to pull I found various OALs, a few almost .020 long so now I have to trim as well.
    Don't know your procedure, but I trim to length before annealing, the hard brass seems to cut cleaner.

I've seen a lot of guys doing the annealing then final trim to length.

Works for me.

Before I left for work this morning I tried the seater die, pushing them about 10 thou into the case. Into the 40 yr old RCBS puller, 15 packs and no joy! Gave it a few more and gave up. Got home, ran the dogs and back to the bench. The 2 I seated deeper just about refuse to pull . So I tried a factory unmolested - 30 wacks and then my puller exploded! New Frankford Arsenal on the way!

Yes I trim before annealing as well.

Taking many ideas and put into practice- seated bullets .010 deeper and into kinetic puller, still taking dozens of hits to get a single bullet to pull! Then my kinetic decided it had enough and parted ways!! Didn't matter if it was the aluminum collet or a shell holder, they just wouldn't pull.
    Next I tried the wire stripper trick. Not enough bullet above the press to grab . Nuts! Took my Lee C press and tried that and BINGO, enough pushed up through to get a good bite on. Pulled the whole box of 50. I lost 7 to neck splits.
    Annealed the remaining 43 cases, ordered a FCD and 200 of the Rimrocks.
    Again, thanks for the input!

Well after some cussing, a new kinetic puller didn't work even with seating the bullets deeper. So I went to the wire stripper method. Not enough bullet through my RCBS press. But the Lee C press allowed enough purchase to pull them!
    Finally got the side mount and rings, Vortex 2-7.
    A Lee fcd ordered through Amazon got lost for 11 days, in the meantime I ordered another through Midway along with a box of Hornady 45gr Bee bullets. Also got 200 of the Rimrock bullets.
    Started loading the Rimrock bullets, Federal ARmatch primers, H110,4227,1680 , t each and the remaining brass with 700x to use as sighters. All loads shot about the same at about 1.5" at 50 yards off a bench. Not great but for first time this rifle has spoken in probably 30 years I'll take it.
    The 700x load was 3.5grains and like a 22lr. Be a good squirrel load!
    Now I have a baseline for cast I just loaded 3 each of 1680 for the 5 charges in the Hornady book with three Hornady bullet. And 3 each with Lil gun - I have to see if this likes jacketed better or worse than cast.
    Oh and I'm trying pistol primers in these.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12