Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackbox
Load DataSnyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAA mini .22lr revolver problem -

NAA mini .22lr revolver problem -

decades old + carried much, shot little - function fired 5 rounds every 3 months + cleaned - now when trying to remove cyl. rod it does not come out easily when latch is depressed - detent ball seems to not release - pin is not bent - tried soaking in Kroil + solvent to no avail - emailed NAA but no response yet - rod, plunger, detent ball, + spring seem to be permanently assembled - anyone with any ideas - thanks in advance -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

I'd say you got your money's worth out of it. Either send it back to NAA or thank it for its service and let it go.
    Replace it with either the Ranger II or Sidewinder.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Given NAA's excellent customer service history, I would speak with them about your issue.

They'll most likely resolve it for the bubble.

https://www.northamericanarms.com/customer-service/

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master
    Is the hammer pulled back to the first click? It's a requirement for my NAA minis to come apart.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by schutzen-jager View Post
    decades old + carried much, shot little - function fired 5 rounds every 3 months + cleaned - now when trying to remove cyl. rod it does not come out easily when latch is depressed - detent ball seems to not release - pin is not bent - tried soaking in Kroil + solvent to no avail - emailed NAA but no response yet - rod, plunger, detent ball, + spring seem to be permanently assembled - anyone with any ideas - thanks in advance -
    I have the .22 mag version, and also experienced disassembly challenge. I chucked cyl. rod in an electric drill and spun it slowly on a buffing wheel with white rouge on it. It needed reversal as only 1/2 could be buffed at a time. I then put some automobile car wax on it; let dry; and buffed it shiny. I have had no difficulties since.
    geo

Boolit Grand Master
    Keep soaking it. I like the 50% / 50% ATF and acetone. Stuff loosens up like crazy.

Brake cleaner, front and back of cylinder pin. Detent spring may be rusted but everything else is SS.
    Whatever!

thanks all - tried all of suggestions about cleaning + am aware of hammer position as in the original instruction sheet - awaiting call back from email to NAA + aware of the life time warranty, but the shipping charge is double what i paid for it brand new for this senior citizen - gun is like new + probably has only had less than 600 rounds thru it - tanks again to all + will post if i hear from NAA -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

as they say in latin

Boolit Buddy
    My .22 lr version developed a badly worn section where the detent button is pushed in........Called NA & they replaced it free of charge........and mine is old as the devil, got it in or around '88 if I recall correctly.

Drop it into an ultrasonic cleaner.
    Most likely dirt got under the detent ball.
    Take the grips off first.

Quote Originally Posted by schutzen-jager View Post
    t the shipping charge is double what i paid for it brand new for this senior citizen -

When you speak with them, ask them to send you a pre-paid shipping label

(It's legal under US Federal Law for anyone to ship a gun to an FFL [NAA has a manufacturer's FFL) for repair, and to receive the same firearm directly back - w/o having to do any Federal transfer paperwork] )

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Just try the ultrasonic cleaner first, and give it plenty of time to work.
    You can always send it in later if for some reason the ultrasonic does not work.
    As writing this I am taking my own advice and dropped it in the old American Beauty ultrasonic.
    I have the same gun as yours.

Not lying.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NAA.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	324661

Boolit Buddy
    If they won't send you a shipping label, a local FFL may be willing to ship it cheaper than you can.

Or, these guys (I have not used them) say they can do handguns for $39;
    https://www.shipmygun.com/go/

I know the last time I shipped a handgun myself it was $100+. I won't do it that way again.

Boolit Buddy
    I used ship my guns, it was $35 from pa to California

Quote Originally Posted by pietro View Post

(It's legal under US Federal Law for anyone to ship a gun to an FFL [NAA has a manufacturer's FFL) for repair, and to receive the same firearm directly back - w/o having to do any Federal transfer paperwork] )

Exactly this^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pietro View Post

like i stated the shipping charges for their warranty returns both ways is much more than i paid for the pistol when purchased new - terms are clearly listed on the web site -

as they say in latin

Quote Originally Posted by badwolf View Post
    I used ship my guns, it was $35 from pa to California
    now UPS + FEDX will no longer accept pistol returns from non FFL'S + USPS will not accept pistol shipments from no ffl's like they do with long arms - like i stated the NAA shipping policy is very costly -

as they say in latin

Quote Originally Posted by dogrunner View Post
    My .22 lr version developed a badly worn section where the detent button is pushed in........Called NA & they replaced it free of charge........and mine is old as the devil, got it in or around '88 if I recall correctly.
    thanks for the reply - i already tried tried that , but no wear is visable in barrel recess or on dent ball - seems to be that when plunger is depressed dent ball does not fall into it's recess - soaking in solvent helped some, but not enough - over night in ultra sonic did not help

as they say in latin

Boolit Master
    Maybe slip a feeler gauge in there to force it to depress. It has to be some built up carbon in there. I have to clean the button after firing a. Outlet hundred rounds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast