Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Doesn't Henry Make a 357 Pump Rifle?

Why Doesn't Henry Make a 357 Pump Rifle?

It seems like it would be seriously fun. They could corner the market. If they did offer one, would you want one?
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    Absolutely! Along with .44-40 .45LC .44 special 44 mag. 41 mag.!
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    I'd be in for a 38/357 pump.
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

If enough people, ask Henry, it might sway them to make them.

Boolit Grand Master
    Taurus offered one a while back. Not sure if still available but it was a loser. Not reliable or fast enough for CAS when I was into it.

Pumps offer no advantage over a lever action and history buried then for a reason.
    Don Verna

Curious how so many shotguns, that use an even larger rimmed shell are working great.
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Taurus offered one a while back. Not sure if still available but it was a loser. Not reliable or fast enough for CAS when I was into it.

Pumps offer no advantage over a lever action and history buried then for a reason.
    Don, it may just be me, but "Taurus" is enough that I would never buy one.

Henry does respond to customer wishes. They started putting loading gates on their rifles in response to customer input.
    If they get enough people asking for it, they just might do it.
    I thought Rossi made some pumps.
    I prefer lever actions myself, but those who like pumps should have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    Don, it may just be me, but "Taurus" is enough that I would never buy one.
    I don't own a Taurus, but I have heard they have really cleaned up their act lately.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    Henry does respond to customer wishes. They started putting loading gates on their rifles in response to customer input.
    If they get enough people asking for it, they just might do it.
    I thought Rossi made some pumps.
    I prefer lever actions myself, but those who like pumps should have them.
    The issue a company must address is profitability. Designing and manufacturing a new gun is an expensive project. What a few hundred folks yearn for is not enough to justify it.

There is a lot of dreaming on the forum. People wanting guns chambered in obsolete calibers of the good old days is another popular topic. I am guilty too. I worked in manufacturing so understand why things I want ma not be worth producing.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    The issue a company must address is profitability. Designing and manufacturing a new gun is an expensive project. What a few hundred folks yearn for is not enough to justify it.

There is a lot of dreaming on the forum. People wanting guns chambered in obsolete calibers of the good old days is another popular topic. I am guilty too. I worked in manufacturing so understand why things I want ma not be worth producing.
    You forget the real tool of marketing,

"Create a need then fill it"

or maybe that's the new government slogan. I'm easily confused these days.

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    I have no doubt that Henry makes a quality item, but they have never had a product that tugged my heart strings. Yet, if they were to make a really swell pump-action rifle, I'd start hunting for my checkbook...
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

I have a Henry single shot .357 Mag, reamed to Maximum, love it! A friend had a Remington pump .22, always liked it. If Henry offered a .357 pump, I'd find a way to get one! Course my 12 gauge 870 is still my favorite, it's like a natural extension of my arm, no thought required! hc18flyer

Boolit Master
    I would have to have one in 3030 and one in 357. Right next the levers in the cabinet.

Henry must have had requests for more than a "few hundred" to get them to put loading gates on their lever actions.
    I would not have bought my Henry H010X .45-70 if it did not have a loading gate, because it would really a pain in the keister to remove the suppressor every time I needed to reload or unload it.
    I did replace the plastic stocks with walnut ones I made myself, but Henry makes a beautiful set as replacements if you don't want or have the ability to make them yourself.
    I only own three Henrys and really like them; I have the Henry made AR-7 survival rifle, the cheapest .22 lever action the make, and the H010X .45-70.
    There is a lot of HDS out there (Henry Derangement Syndrome) but if you have one, they really grow on you.

I have a Pedersoli "Lightning Pump" in 44/40. A few teething problems but now utterly reliable. Another manufacturer of pumps would be great!

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Master

I like and collect pump action rifles. But, ask IMI, Colt, Remington, Savage, Uberti, AWA why they don't make one. Not very many people want one, no money in it for the manufacturer and they are pretty expensive as a rule. Pedersoli is the last hold out as far as I know, and I wouldn't count on them for much longer. They haven't imported any since the plague. Shame really, they are pretty cool.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

I would buy an a scaled down 870 with a tube magazine if it came in .360 BuckHammer or 45-70!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always thought the Timber Wolf was a nice gun. 357 and 44 mag.
    A lot of people musta thought they were good for what you have to pay for one today on the used market.
    They may not have the look of a western era Colt, but they sure were neat and handy.

Boolit Master
    im sure if there was enough demand to turn a profit it would get made. from gun shops ive visited in past 6 months or so they say everything in lever action flys off the rack since the popularity of Yellowstone and some other tv shows

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast