Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 44WCF brass

Boolit Master

44WCF brass

Starline is taking orders.

That didn't last long. Shows out of stock, no backorder already.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hometek View Post
    That didn't last long. Shows out of stock, no backorder already.
    They usually accept orders until their production window is filled, then stop accepting new orders... the trick is to check daily, and order more than an immediate need... you're competing for a slot in the production window with orders from major retailers, wholesalers, other users, etc. I seldom order less than 1 or 2K of anything, even the .44-40 for which I only have one firearm.
    Griff
    NRA Patron
    SASS Endowment/Life
    CMSA Life

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    They usually accept orders until their production window is filled, then stop accepting new orders... the trick is to check daily, and order more than an immediate need... you're competing for a slot in the production window with orders from major retailers, wholesalers, other users, etc. I seldom order less than 1 or 2K of anything, even the .44-40 for which I only have one firearm.
    You are the reason there's not enough to go around.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Actually, it’s the opposite. Larger orders receive priority.

I've been checking regularly for 6 months. Sometimes I don't get on the internet for a couple of days and those seem to be the times I miss.

There's been some on GB quite a bit lately. Prices are high. Nothing new!

Boolit Master

I had a 1000 on backorder I let them go when I got the call as the deal on a 44-40 had fell through , I do not always order a 1000 or 2000 as some cases cost a lot more and I am not ready to take that bite at the time , and I do not order with an intention of making profits in times of shortness , but I will order what I think I need and stock up for the future .

Boolit Master
    Instead of having to check their site everyday just fill out the notify me section.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    I wrote a long explanation for my reasoning around the advice I give to order plenty... but it sounded like braggin'... which I loathe in others, so why succumb to doin' it myself. Simply put, buying in quantity is usually cheaper than not... and carries one thru lean times.

It ain't like I'm hoarding the stuff, but use them to support my shooting habit. My planning ahead is certainly not the reason for any shortage for any supplies. But, carry on, don't let me get in the way of your negativity.
    Griff
    NRA Patron
    SASS Endowment/Life
    CMSA Life

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    I wrote a long explanation for my reasoning around the advice I give to order plenty... but it sounded like braggin'... which I loathe in others, so why succumb to doin' it myself. Simply put, buying in quantity is usually cheaper than not... and carries one thru lean times.

It ain't like I'm hoarding the stuff, but use them to support my shooting habit. My planning ahead is certainly not the reason for any shortage for any supplies. But, carry on, don't let me get in the way of your negativity.
    IMO you don't need to justify a thing. The problem is not people buying primers or brass 1000 at a time or even 20,000 at a time. USA should absolutely have the manufacturing ability to supply the basic needs of the American population. The problem is the death of the enterprising spirit of the average American male. Who would of thought that people would simply whine and complain about the lack of commodities instead of seeing the opportunity to turn a profit by a responding to a demand in the supply chain. We're not talking about inventing or coming up with new ideas but simple manufacturing. Anyone shameful enough to complain about the current state of affairs and not actively doing something to make a difference is part of the problem. It's either to point fingers and play the blame game than to start companies. We have met the enemy and they are ours. If we have lost the ability and desire to manufacture then there is nothing left to conserve.

The people who want to preserve the right to bear arms must take control of their own destiny and stop relying on corporations and organizations to provide the necessary components. So many of the companies that have been swallowed up and consolidated had very humble beginnings.