Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: For thought and meditation Tue Mar 12 2024

USMC 77, USRA 79

For thought and meditation Tue Mar 12 2024

How God Sees Us
    by Greg Laurie on Mar 12, 2024

So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.
    —Romans 8:1–2

As Christians, we’re going to mess up. We’re going to sin. But when He died on the cross of Calvary, Jesus took upon Himself the condemnation and the judgment that we should have faced.

Romans 8:1 tells us, “So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus” (NLT). A Spirit-led believer lives a condemnation-free life.

We see a classic example of how this works in John 8 when the religious leaders brought a woman caught in the act of adultery to Jesus. Obviously, a man was involved, but he was gone, and the religious leaders had set up a trap. They said, “This woman was caught in the act of adultery. The law of Moses says to stone her. What do you say?” (verses 4–5 NLT).

But Jesus knew exactly what they were doing. And instead of answering right away, He stooped down and wrote in the dirt. Now, we don’t know what Jesus wrote, but whatever it was, it had a profound effect. Then He stood up and said, “All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!” (verse 7 NLT).

The Bible tells us that one by one, they all left, from the oldest to the youngest. So Jesus said to the woman, “Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?” (verse 10 NLT).

She replied, “No, Lord.”

Then Jesus told her, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more” (verse 11 NLT).

This woman knew she was going to die that day. But instead, everything changed when she looked into the eyes of Jesus and looked at the others who had condemned her. And she believed on the spot. That’s how long it takes to believe in Jesus.

When we come to believe in Christ, we don’t understand everything about Him. We don’t understand all the intricacies of the theology of conversion, justification, sanctification, adoption, and so forth. But we know that we need Jesus, and we put our faith in Him. Then He says, “Go and sin no more.”

God always sees us for what we can become. Think of Simon Peter. When he was still known as Simon, Jesus gave him a new name, Peter, which means “rock.” Now, if there was anything that Simon was not, it was a rock. He was hotheaded, vacillating, and argumentative. Yet Jesus was saying, “From now on, you’re a rock.”

Maybe the other disciples were laughing at this, thinking, “Rock? Does Jesus actually know Simon?”

Yes, He did. But Jesus wasn’t calling Simon what he was; He was explaining what he would become. Where we see failure, God sees potential.

We see a Simon. God sees a Peter. We see the past. God sees the future. We see a mess. God sees a message. God sees us for who we are in Christ, not what we were in sin. God does not see us in our sin; He sees us in His Son. God can change everything in your story—if you’ll let Him.

Have a great day!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

Amen, God changed me and gave me life eternal.

Boolit Master
    Yes, and Amen.