Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyRepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Norma Tac-22

Boolit Master
    after trying tac22's I would never ever put it in any gun I own even if it was free. I sent the couple bricks I did have to a local auction when ammo was as scarce as hens teeth

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    after trying tac22's I would never ever put it in any gun I own even if it was free. I sent the couple bricks I did have to a local auction when ammo was as scarce as hens teeth
    My Tac-22 is sitting in the garage for casual practice. I figure if I'm making a 3" group with it then that should translate to 1" with my usual ammo.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Buddy

I bought TAC 22's at Cabelas a few years ago. Don't normally buy them but a 50%off, their mine. No idea what was going to do with them but price counts. Later bought a Tikka T1X. Really happy now. Tikka loves them. Getting 5 shot groups@50 yds under 1/2 in and smaller GW

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Well, I found a carton of TAC 22s at a reasonable price and bought it. I am VERY please with the performance of this ammunition thus far. Although I have only shot 200 rounds through my Supermatic, it has run flawlessly and shoots every bit as accurately as my old T-22. I plan on shooting the entire carton and if it continues to perform as well as the first 200, I will be laying in a supply to last a while.

In regard to the greasy bullets getting one's fingers all messy, I agree and would probably not want this ammunition for "field" use because of it's likely tendency to attract dirt and such, but since this is not a field gun I'm totally OK with the grease. Like someone posted, that's what paper towels and blue jeans are made for. As far as I'm concerned it is no worse than a juicy hamburger with all the fixins and greasy french fries. It's all part of the package. If it works, that's pretty much all that matters.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Tried out tac-22's in my Henry H001T yesterday. They group as well as my usual Thunderjams and Aguila Super Extra, but POI is seriously 2.5" low. Yeah, don't think I'll be buying more of these. They are pretty close to other ammo in my handguns so I'll use them there.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Shot it in my Walther PPQ today. It would not cycle the slide consistently. Shoots fine in other non-auto guns for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12