Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Load DataInline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: New Taylor Uberti 1885 Double Trigger Misfiring

Boolit Bub

New Taylor Uberti 1885 Double Trigger Misfiring

I have a friend that purchased a double trigger Taylor Uberti and it misfires badly. I have taken it apart twice and I think I know what the problem is but do not know a solution. The sear spring is very strong so a lot of pressure on the sear. I believe the fly is not preventing the sear from hitting the half cock legs and thus slowing the hammer fall. The hammer spring is plenty strong. Firing pin is good with no protrusion issue. Why do the half cock hooks also have protrusions that appear to serve no purpose. Would appreciate any hints at how to solve this. Owner has not called Taylor, somone stated Taylor kept their rifle for months once and it was not fixed when they finally got it back. Don't need that. Thanks

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    If you think the hammer fall is slow, look for wood to metal contact inside the lock mortise.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!