RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: Not happy with Umarex customer service

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar

Not happy with Umarex customer service

My dad bought a colt peacemaker Umarex pistol brand new off Amazon last fall. Finally went out to shoot it the other day since the weather was getting nice and figured he would finally start playing with his new toy. When we went to install the CO2 cylinder it leaked out within a couple seconds. Tried another with the same issue. I could see the green bulb seal bulging out on the sides like it was trying to come out. I did some quick googling to see a schematic of the pistol. I quickly could tell that the screw in retaining seal ring was missing. I figured it was easy enough to google replacement parts for it. Looks like the only parts available for it are in United Kingdom, or some other far off land. I would assume Umarex imports these pistols and calls them their brand? Well, since I couldn’t find parts, I called Amazon where he got it from. First of all, he changed Internet providers and had an email set up with the old Internet provider. No access to thst email address now so he cannot access his old account and of course Amazon couldn’t find his account as well. I remember when he had to set up a new Amazon account a few months ago because he wasn’t getting his confirmation mails from them..because he had a new email address they didn’t have on account. Amazon also has a no return policy on air pistols, apparently. So I waited till Monday and called Umarex direct in Arizona. The customer service representative from Umarex told me its covered under a one year warranty. I explained to them we could not find the receipt with Amazon. I was told to send it in anyways, without a receipt, and they would take care of it. They sent me a return label from FedEx. This was last Monday. I received a call today and received a message to give them a call for the gunsmith’s diagnosis. I called back and was told because I didn’t have a receipt that the cost of repair as $70 to replace the complete CO2 valve assembly. I don’t understand why it cost so much to begin with because the threaded seal retainer is five bucks and same with the bulb if I ordered it from another country. I asked why I couldn’t find parts in the USA? I did ask them if they manufactured them, which I found out they do not. Umarex imports all their air guns from outside the USA and re brands them. If I didn’t want it repaired they were going to charge me $40 for the diagnosis and to mail it back because I didn’t have a receipt. I was pawned off from one customer service rep to a second having to explain that whoever I talked to last Monday was aware I didn’t have a receipt and send it in and they would take care of it under warranty. I told them if they weren’t going to repair under warranty as promised it just to send it back to me. I was told if I wanted it back I needed to pay them $40! I asked them if they recorded their phone call conversations so they can figure out who told me that it could be repaired at no charge under warranty. I was told it would take a few hours and they would forward it to their manager and have them call me back. It was about an hour ago so I’m still waiting obviously.

Anybody else dealt with Umarex customer service? I think I have six of their pistols and rifles and needless to say I will not be buying anymore.

I think it’s time I see about the gift my first PCP rifle.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 03-08-2024 at 12:34 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    That sucks.

Send then a link to this thread. It cannot hurt.

$70 is half the price of a new one.
    Don Verna

They're 109 with free shipping on Amazon right now

Of course they didn't want to call me back as promised but I got an email here about 10 minutes ago. They said I since I told them he bought it last fall it wasn't under warranty becuase Umarex only has a 90 day warranty. I could either pay $16.95 to have it shipped back as is or they would discount the repair to $35.95 and that includes the return shipping cost. I paid the $35.95 . Thats the last Umarex I'll ever buy. In the end my dad's happy so that's what counts.

Boolit Master
    I am not happy with them either. Sorry this happened to you. Good looking out for you dad and you are correct keeping him happy is all that counts.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

It seems like all the customer service people I talked with were young smart allic kids I hate to say. At least I leaned they don't manufacturer their air rifles. Umarex import and re brands them ...so basically they are are middle man company. My dad's excited to at least get it back. I was told they won't start the repair work till next week. So I'm guessing I won't see it till the end of next week or the week after.

That is interesting, I always thought they made them.
    I have a MP-40, Broom Handle and a Colt 45 Peacemaker.
    The MP-40 only works with the Umarex BBs.
    I like the 45 best because it is the easiest to load.
    The full autos are fun though.

Boolit Mold
    Interesting, I'll certainly keep this experience of yours in mind whenever looking at their products.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    My dad bought a colt peacemaker Umarex pistol brand new off Amazon last fall. Finally went out to shoot it the other day since the weather was getting nice and figured he would finally start playing with his new toy. When we went to install the CO2 cylinder it leaked out within a couple seconds. Tried another with the same issue. I could see the green bulb seal bulging out on the sides like it was trying to come out. I did some quick googling to see a schematic of the pistol. I quickly could tell that the screw in retaining seal ring was missing. I figured it was easy enough to google replacement parts for it. Looks like the only parts available for it are in United Kingdom, or some other far off land. I would assume Umarex imports these pistols and calls them their brand? Well, since I couldn’t find parts, I called Amazon where he got it from. First of all, he changed Internet providers and had an email set up with the old Internet provider. No access to thst email address now so he cannot access his old account and of course Amazon couldn’t find his account as well. I remember when he had to set up a new Amazon account a few months ago because he wasn’t getting his confirmation mails from them..because he had a new email address they didn’t have on account. Amazon also has a no return policy on air pistols, apparently. So I waited till Monday and called Umarex direct in Arizona. The customer service representative from Umarex told me its covered under a one year warranty. I explained to them we could not find the receipt with Amazon. I was told to send it in anyways, without a receipt, and they would take care of it. They sent me a return label from FedEx. This was last Monday. I received a call today and received a message to give them a call for the gunsmith’s diagnosis. I called back and was told because I didn’t have a receipt that the cost of repair as $70 to replace the complete CO2 valve assembly. I don’t understand why it cost so much to begin with because the threaded seal retainer is five bucks and same with the bulb if I ordered it from another country. I asked why I couldn’t find parts in the USA? I did ask them if they manufactured them, which I found out they do not. Umarex imports all their air guns from outside the USA and re brands them. If I didn’t want it repaired they were going to charge me $40 for the diagnosis and to mail it back because I didn’t have a receipt. I was pawned off from one customer service rep to a second having to explain that whoever I talked to last Monday was aware I didn’t have a receipt and send it in and they would take care of it under warranty. I told them if they weren’t going to repair under warranty as promised it just to send it back to me. I was told if I wanted it back I needed to pay them $40! I asked them if they recorded their phone call conversations so they can figure out who told me that it could be repaired at no charge under warranty. I was told it would take a few hours and they would forward it to their manager and have them call me back. It was about an hour ago so I’m still waiting obviously.

Anybody else dealt with Umarex customer service? I think I have six of their pistols and rifles and needless to say I will not be buying anymore.

I think it’s time I see about the gift my first PCP rifle.
    I have TWICE sent air-arms to Umarex, with both cases 101% to my happiness and satisfaction. One was a PCP rifle of which I could NOT get air into, which turned out to be a fault at MY end -- the doo-hicky fitting which hooks to gun was just enough out of spec to let air by, rather than in the arm. I was treated with friendliness and respect on both occasions, and neither cost me as much as one penny! Of special note is the rifle where MY fitting was the culprit, with Umarex having sent me a postage-paid shipping label to them; did an exam of the arm; and, also shipped it back to me on their nickel! They did NOT provide a fitting in spec to work (why should they? ) and it took a few days for me to get one from an Internet air-gun store -- but, when I got the fitting -- and since -- the arm takes air with no difficulty. Again, I can voice ZERO complaint(s) re Umarex customer service or the folks I had the privilege to speak with. (Note -- the 2nd case was less than a year ago, fyi. The other was a CO2 pistol which leaked out the Carbon Dioxide in less than an hour -- whether pistol was fired or not-- maybe three years back.)
    Vis there charging you -- Hey -- I get a short, on average, dozen "scam" 'phone calls on pretty much a daily basis. I wonder how many persons ring/contact Umarex on, also, a daily basis trying to con or otherwise get something for nothing out of them?. I doubt your experience was anything "personal" -- blame the crooks and scammers. To use a phrase from the Godfather movies, "it's only business."
    I do feel badly for your dad re this experience. But, had he the Amazon invoice/receipt -- things, I'd guess, would have been most positively better.
    geo
    P.S.: I've made it a habit, on pretty much all, say, over one hundred dollar purchases, to PRINT the invoice and receipt; on appliances (e.g., washing machine) I put printed invoice in an envelope and tape it to back of appliance. If/when whatever fails -- I have proof of purchase, etc., right with the unit. A couple of years ago this practice got me a free, replacement Frigidaire dehumidifier. 'Tis worth the effort.
    Last edited by georgerkahn; 03-09-2024 at 12:08 PM.

Well it’s back we haven’t ran it yet, but I popped off the side plate and it looks like it has a nice new seal. I didn’t look at the parts list, but just handed the package to my dad to unwrap since it was his toy. He said the parts list said two bucks. So whatever they did I’m guessing they replaced the seal in the little thread coupling that holds it in place like I was gonna do myself, but couldn’t find parts. I’m sure it will run just fine now.