Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Htc 359-95-rf-ch6

Boolit Master

Htc 359-95-rf-ch6

Just placed order with Al at NOE. Does anyone have experience with this mold? Just looking for feedback. Thanks

Boolit Master
    My understanding is this is essentially a clone of the Ranch Dog 380 design. You might try searching the site (use google instead of the built in search function). There should be loads of information on it.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Master
    Very similar to the Lee 95 grain rf. I use it in 380 all the time and 38 special occasionally.

Boolit Grand Master
    I had to go look, because I had thought that this was the Ranch Dog/LEE 356-95RF clone. I use that one extensively, but this is not it. The RD 358-100TC was and is a tumble lube, solid base, Truncated Cone boolit. This one is is a TC, alright, but a hollow base mold, slick sided for PC, that comes with pins that allow you to make 95, 125, 158, or 180 grain boolit like those old Ideals. If it works this is a great Idea.

I have not had good luck with Hollow base molds, they have been picky in my experience. Though I must say that I have only used wadcutter molds for 38 specials, I have found that the boolits tend to cling to the pins more than they do to the ones in the HP molds. This delays closing the mold, increases heat loss, and reduces the number of good casts. YMMV and I hope it does. I am following this one with interest.
    Last edited by rintinglen; 03-09-2024 at 10:22 AM.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    I missed the hollow base design element. I thought the dotted lines were for the hollow point option. Looking closer, I can see that it's for the hollow base.