Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Range Bag Recommendations

Boolit Buddy

Range Bag Recommendations

I am looking for recommendations on a range bag. I recently bought

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and I am not particularly pleased. The mag pockets wont hold AR or Glock 33 rounders and the earpro section won't even fit 1 pair of earpro. The pistol section has plenty of room but I will never take 5 pistols to the range and the dividers are not removable to let the space be used for other things.

Basically, I need something probably larger and preferably backpack style. I'm willing to throw some $ at this but I really don't want to drop 300 on a bag if at all possible.

I, at most, will carry this thing about 100 meters from car to range so if it ends up being the size of a GI Ruck and almost as heavy, that's fine provided it has enough space. If this is not possible I may have to go with a rolling cart type of system.

If anyone has any recommendations I would love to hear them

Thank you

Boolit Master
    Here's what I have been using as a range bag for quite a while now.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

USMC 77, USRA 79

How about something like this???

https://www.amazon.com/STST1-80150-E...10c699a1d&th=1

I use something like this, only dewalt brand for all sorts of stuff.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Buddy
    I have given thought to a rolling cart of some type but havn't looked at anything specific as of yet.

USMC 77, USRA 79

It’s small enough to easily carry, and roll if needed.. part of a stackable set. But I do t use the whole set, just the bottom one.. I also set one of these carts up as a portable power bank.

Boolit Grand Master
    I used a rolling cart when I was shooting Cowboy Action and it worked well. It had large spoke wheels. You will not be happy with the one Marko posted unless you have hard pack surfaces.

I would use it at the public range as well.
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy
    I was hoping to find something with a good deal of pockets to allow for better organization but it seems like I may just be asking too much at least from a bag or backpack

I use a tool bag from a hardware store for all the “stuff”. Ear pro, markers, tools, misc ammo, cleaning stuff. Lots of choices depending on what you want to carry.

I am fortunate that I can drive my little truck to my shooting spot and pull guns from it. I keep ammo cans in the back of the truck.

I’m sure what you want is out there, just have to keep looking.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Markopolo View Post
    How about something like this???

https://www.amazon.com/STST1-80150-E...10c699a1d&th=1

I use something like this, only dewalt brand for all sorts of stuff.
    The Dewalt Toughsystem are expensive for what you need. Saw HF has a VOYAGER 20 in. Rolling Tool Bag for $30 before any coupons.might be what you are looking though no idea of the terrains involved.

Boolit Grand Master

For years I used the Pachmeyer pistol box on a equipment cart to roll it like luggage. a small bag for ammo sat on top. My pachmeyer box is leather covered and holds 5 pistols with a storrage area under them.

USMC 77, USRA 79

Aren’t most public ranges in your neck of the woods part of the “concrete jungle”… but that smaller rolling tool box I pointed to is very light and not too bulky to carry by the handle on top when needed.

I use a luggage bag from a thrift store, brand name and, another, if needing a more, huge space, for lots of ammo. Probably $10 in both

I like shoulder straps and they all have them.

All guns are in pistol rugs,always

Go Here and looks at these. https://lapolicegear.com/bags-packs/gear-bags.html

I have a bunch of them.(8-10) The Smaller Bailout Bag is suitable for everything you need for any given Pistol or Pistols. I have one for each of my Pistols and they have my Gun/Holster Belt, all Magazines, loaders, tools etc. They also come with a shoulder strap for carrying it. I have one that is my Black Common Range Bag which has everything that is common to all others. it goes every time whereas others are more specific. I have several for my Shotgun Sports to cart around ammo and stuff related to Skeet or 3 gun shoots. They come in a bunch of colors and the Quality of Construction is well beyond any of the High End outfits like Maxpedition. for one tenth the price.

I have all my Hand Press Reloading gear in a "Jumbo Bail Out Bag" with room to spare. Note the prices? All of their stuff is way better than the prices would indicate.

This place also makes really good Back Packs which are so much cheaper than the Big Brands it is pathetic. I have a 3 day pack which I paid $29.95 (they have sales all the time!) for and it's comparable with a similar Maxpedition pack that is $189! I have one of the larger ones that cost me $39.95 and it is about Twice as big as the 3 day pack. This stuff is built to last and if you need to outfit your kids for school they will never wear one out.

The outfit is LA Police Gear and their site is LAPG.com and believe me you won't regret anything you buy that has their name on it. They also sell all the big names, but just compare the prices and stick with the LAPG stuff.

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 03-17-2024 at 04:24 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Grand Master

I second LA Police gear.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy
    I use DeWalt or Ridgid bags that the power drills come in. Often get then at the thrift place for a buck.

Boolit Master
    I am pretty sure it is not what you want but I use a hand truck with pneumatic tires. I strap it all together with bungee cords. Gun case/cases go on first. The benchrest/front rest goes on the gun cases near the end that will be bottom when standing up. Hardcase style bookbag goes next to/above the benchrest/front rest, it holds the ammo, targets, cleaning supplies, tape, stapler, stables, pens, pencils, paper, ear plugs, wrenches, screwdrivers...etc... last is a backpack with my spotting scope w/stand and sandbags/rear bags. My earmuffs clip on wherever as I need to put them on before I enter the range. It is a good 100 yards from the parking lot to the check in stand and the gravel is rough. I can strap an extra soft case to the load if more guns are going. A hand gun can go in the ammo case and I can sling a gun on my back for even more fun or a gun in a holster. Oh, and I can strap the chronograph on somewhere if I am in the mood.
    Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Grand Master

Range bags are generally over priced and they have the sort of configuration issues you mention. I use a 36 inch hockey equipment bag that I’ve had at least 30 years. Search for sports equipment duffle bag. Lots of styles to choose from. Cavernous main area and you can choose any number of external pockets you like.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master

I've been using one of the DeWalt "2 in 1 stackable" tool carts for several years. Can fit in everything I need for a range session except my big Meade spotting scope...and its case has a shoulder strap for ease of carry. Mine has been modified, internally, with 'organizer' dividers and hanger rods (for binder clips to hold targets) with the removeable tray left for tools, cleaning rod tips, notebook, etc.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master
    when I used to have to go to a public range to shoot I organized my stuff for each outing to the range in craftsman or other brand zipper top tool bags some even have side or front pouches. it worked best for me to have several smaller bags, big enough to fit spotting scope. but a big giant bag becomes a hassle for me anyway. a few smaller bags and always a sack or something that can hold a few gallons in case there is lots of stray brass laying around that needs to find a new home.

When pistol shooting at an indoor range, I use this bag and have for more than a decade. It’s way tougher than I’d expect anything from Blackhawk to be. It probably doesn’t have enough pouches and stuff for you but it works out well for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast