MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: Frankford Arsenal Platinum Primer Pocket Swager Repair

Boolit Master

Frankford Arsenal Platinum Primer Pocket Swager Repair

Guys,

I bought one of these last year only to have it die on me when it's mainspring broke after just a few uses. I spent about 3 months attempting to get anyone at all at Frankford Armory to respond to me. FINALLY, after all that time of chasing them down I got to a guy through email who basically told me their mainsprings are backordered, and best they could do is put me on a list. But! He gave me this link to a 4 1/2" Sofa Spring with a Long Neck Hook, and said that it would be an adequate replacement. I ordered two the other day from Amazon, and they just came in. Works like a charm when the top screw piece is adjusted.

Reading online, this appears to be the most common complaint about this primer pocket swager. The web is littered with people talking about their springs breaking. I'm posting this here as sort of a "how to fix your broken swager".... But if any of you have this, I would suggest purchasing one or two of these in case your spring breaks. From what I can tell, it's not an if, but a when...
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Bub
    I just used a rubber band on the swage rod and tying it on the mounting bolts at the bottom such that the vand tension sways the rod outwards. FA shipped me another whole unit because they couldn't source the springs.

I've since moved on to the lee app for swaging press, and the FA swagers were given away.

Sent from my SM-A136U1 using Tapatalk