WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: Contacting Mike Venturino

Contacting Mike Venturino

Can anyone provide me with an email or contact address for Mike Venturino please? Or are able to forward a message for me.

I've just watched his piece on the Lewis gun on Handloader tv ( you tube) and he bemoaned that whilst he had a manual for it, the text was in Japanese! Well I actually have a manual, for the aircraft Lewis gun, in English. I've also made a digital copy.
    "Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Search for his name in the members here, and contact directly.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Grand Master

My old fashioned way would be to write a letter to him at Handloader Magazine ...

but maybe a e-mail to him care of Handloader Magazine might be the more modern way .

He was a member here but hasn't posted anything in years .

I'm sure if he got wind that you had that manual in English he would want to talk to you ... Japanese is a hard language to master !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

Contact Shrapnel here on Cast Boolits - He can get you in touch if you tell him what you have
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Grand Master

He is on Facebook also.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Mold
    I think he is on single action forum.

Boolit Master
    I haven't seen him on the SA forum.

But,, if you do use Handloader magazine,, that will get to him. They protect the writers privacy,, but they do relay messages. Good folks at Wolfe Publishing.

Mike is on the Colt forum too.

Moderator Emeritus

When I watch youtube videos, and want to contact that person, I leave a message in the comments...90% of the time, they respond, especially since the comment is on topic.
    good Luck.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

The first thing I tried was searching his name on this site. Lots of references to books and articles by Mike but not his contact details. I know he used to be on here a long while ago so I was hoping I could pm him through his profile. I don't do facebook.

I subscribe to Handloader and Rifle magazines, but there doesn't seem to be an actual email address for contacting anyone, just an on-line form to fill out. Fair enough, considering the size of their subscriber base. But I don't have much confidence in the message being relayed. I would just post the thing to Mike, care of wolfe publishing, but again I don't want to risk it not being forwarded on. I think I will give it a try though.

Thanks.
    "Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.

Boolit Grand Master

Old school way ... write a letter ... address it to

Mike Venturino C/O
    Wolfe Publishing Co.
    2180 Gulfstream , Ste A
    Prescott , AZ 86301

He will get it ... Wolfe forwards his corresponce to him ...
    I did it once and it works !

I even wrote letters to Elmer Keith and Skeeter Skelton when they were writers ... and got letters back from them ... may be low tech ... but letters still work !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

My dad was good friends with him and when I started BPCR shooting at Ben Avery near Phoenix my dad gave me a copy of his book to help me create my own rounds for matches. I met him a couple of times at matches there and didn't realize we were neighbors when I lived in Prescott Valley. Nice enough guy. One of the few people that my dad acknowledged knew more than him about a firearm subject.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    As noted above,, send a letter. It will get to him.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew375 View Post
    The first thing I tried was searching his name on this site. Lots of references to books and articles by Mike but not his contact details. I know he used to be on here a long while ago so I was hoping I could pm him through his profile. I don't do facebook.
    Thanks.
    Mike goes by MLV on the Colt forum. Send him a PM, he will reply ASAP.

Thanks everyone. I've sent manual to Mike c/o wolfe publishing.

Moderator Emeritus

That was a good thing to do Andrew375. As shooters we should help each other.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Awesome gesture Andrew. I like Mike's writings, especially his earlier stuff.
    BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Lead Alloy Calculator