Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersRotoMetals2
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reloading and music

Boolit Master
    When reloading, I focus on reloading and nothing else. I'm good with silence.

Boolit Master
    as far as music I really like Jeff beck but thoughougly enjoyed a 1971 BBC broadcast of Faces with rod Stewart and Ronnie wood and the 40th anniversary party for Atlantic records with rare appearance of led zeppelin with first appearance of Jason Bonham with the group last night.
    when reloading all I hear is the reloading press and the sound of river water going over rocks nearby

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    When reloading, I focus on reloading and nothing else. I'm good with silence.

I haven't had silence since 1980. It's usually a test tone but sometimes fades to crickets. Always there though.

Boolit Grand Master

I have one of those rubber covered speaker things (blue tooth?) that connects with my phone. I listen mostly to older Country and what we used to call Easy Listening.

Boolit Buddy
    Music helps me focus. Tommy Emmanuel, Carlos Santana, Joe Bonamassa.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by justindad View Post
    Dave Mathew’s Band; Lie in Our Graves
    Especially central park concert or live in canandaiagua NY

Boolit Master

I've never listened to music while reloading or doing anything else that is important.

FWIW. At an electronic manufacture I worked at once where I examined the quality data, when they banned radios, etc and only let workers use headphones, etc for music the error rate dropped arouncd 0.95%. Several months later they banned those also and the error rate dropped a farther 0.5%. The final total worker/machine error rate of 0.65%.

Of course value of computer boards for mid-range and mainframes is much higher than ammo.

Snapping gas checks on and sizing hitek coated mp blackout bullets. I cast them last spring from Lyman 2 bullet metal.

The metal is instrumental(without vocals). It's rhythmic and mechanical and pairs well for me with my batch processing reloading brass prep.

The quart freezer bag is stuffed full of FC 308 brass. Trimmed and polished, the only thing left is expand the necks and prime.

The other bag has maybe 150x300 blk cases already primed and expanded. They need only powder, seat bullet, crimp, shoot gun. That big pistol is needing more shooting soon.

There is that big box of 357's to make, too.
    I can use the same volume with my powder measure, same powder charge of H110 for reloading supersonic 300 Blackout and 357 Magnum or use a smaller volume of Bullseye and make subsonics for both cartridges.

Remember, only one can of powder at a time!!!

Good thing my guns agree with me on the radio. Other wise I'd have to throw them in the sea

Boolit Buddy
    Reloading goes much better for me with the radio tuned to the local Classic Rock station.

Moderator Emeritus

I bought 1700 lbs of ww and 150 lbs of Lino from a now banned member here in 1999. He had a casting business and listened to a very loud ticking clock to help hum keep a rhythm.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I unfortunately always turn on the TV since it’s close and get distracted, which is not good!

If I had to pick a song while I’m reloading, it would be rage against the machine. You ain’t got no problems with a pocket full of shells….

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    I unfortunately always turn on the TV since it’s close and get distracted, which is not good!

If I had to pick a song while I’m reloading, it would be rage against the machine. You ain’t got no problems with a pocket full of shells….

That's funny! A very political band and a song about the Rodney King riots!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123