Snyders JerkyRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad DataWideners
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: Glock 34 Gen 3 Lightest Trigger option /Adjustable sights?

Glock 34 Gen 3 Lightest Trigger option /Adjustable sights?

My son wants to try to turn his 34 into a bullesye pistol for 50' shooting matches.It shoots quite well with the KKM barrel and cast bullets.
    I am not a Glock guy and need guidance.
    Yes I understand it's not the best bullesye pistol but it's what he wants to use.
    also a good steel adj.sight set recommendation.

Thx
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

Boolit Master
    Check out Ghost triggers. Also, Glock makes an adjustable rear sight that is factory on their 17L. The 17L might be a better choice to trade into.

Boolit Man
    I have a Zev trigger in my G35, it’s better than the stock one. But their striker spring is too weak and caused light primer hits. I changed it back to the stock one. That solved the failure to fire problem but it affected the trigger pull.

Dawson's sights offer plenty of options to find the best for how you shoot... when i used to shoot plates I'd practice by shooting 12 gauge hulls at 35'
    using a G 30 with Dawson sights...
    https://dawsonprecision.com/sights/glock-sights/

Quote Originally Posted by sigep1764 View Post
    Check out Ghost triggers. Also, Glock makes an adjustable rear sight that is factory on their 17L. The 17L might be a better choice to trade into.
    The 34 comes with their plastic adjustable sight. It's just kind of small and cheesy

Boolit Master

Glock triggers kinda follow the wine / better with age phenomenon. The basic mechanism has rub on the trigger bar / connector interface, as well as the trigger bar / firing pin interface. Unless it came from an LE dealer, the long slides will have the factory "minus" connector, which will drop the trigger from the standard service 5.5-ish pounds to maybe 4-4.5 pounds. Weight isn't so much the issue with them as the grit and creep that sometimes lives in that system before those parts polish themselves to decent mating surfaces that slide rather than catch and drag. A little lube and a lot of shooting is your best fix.

Dawson Precision has an adjustable rear sight (won't work with the red dot model pistols) and corresponding height front sights.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Grand Master
    If your son wants to compete in Bullseye with a Glock, tell him to leave his lunch money at home. The 1911 shooters will take it otherwise. The best Glock triggers are longer and grittier than those of any decent 1911.

With that caveat, I'd look at an Mcarbo Glock spring kit. I have been informed that they can make a significant difference by several of the guys at the gun club. My own dog in the fight is my SIG P210 American, which I prefer to either the 1911 pistols or the Glocks. YMMV
    Last edited by rintinglen; 03-04-2024 at 01:55 AM.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    If your son wants to compete in Bullseye with a Glock, tell him to leave his lunch money at home. The 1911 shooters will take it otherwise. The best Glock triggers are longer and grittier than those of any decent 1911.

With that caveat, I'd look at an Mcarbo Glock spring kit. I have been informed that they can make a significant difference by several of the guys at the gun club. My own dog in the fight is my SIG P20 American, which I prefer to either the 1911 pistols or the Glocks. YMMV
    didn't you see this in the initial post?

"Yes I understand it's not the best bullesye pistol but it's what he wants to use"

never heard of a "SIG P20 American"

:

Boolit Master

Whatever he ends up with, I'd also suggest having compressed air (canned or otherwise) handy. When doing a more serious cleaning, I re-oil the connector, cycle the trigger several times, blast the oil out with air and oil again. Lets the LE end-users keep the gritties under control between armorer deep-cleanings.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Grand Master
    Hmm. Uh-Oh, Should be a "1" in between the "2" and the "0". Sig 210 American.

That said, I stand by my recommendation of the Mcarbo spring kit. A couple of the guys at the club say they work well and make a difference, but they shoot IDPA, not bullseye. I have used several of their other products and have no complaints whatsoever. The Ruger SP101 kit did wonders for my 327.

There is an outfit called "Kensight" that makes an adjustable sight set that couples a higher rear sight with a replacement front sight for an improved sight picture. But they run about 100 bucks. Others may be available.
    Last edited by rintinglen; 03-04-2024 at 02:16 AM. Reason: typo
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.