Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Newbie question

Boolit Mold

Newbie question

This is my first post to this forum and after much searching figured this was a very good place to ask and hopefully get answers. I have been reloading buckshot for years but was just recently given a “complete” rcbs setup with about 15-16 different caliber die sets. The first I was going to attempt is 204 ruger and there are about 4 different sets of dies. They are all FL resizers but my question is after the 204 Ruger there is a number. One of which is 5, then I have a set that is 14. Is there any difference in these dies?

Thanks for any help

Boolit Master
    Welcome Chbarnha. I don't have the answer to your specific question, but if you're just starting out reloading I think that the next thing that you should get is a reloading manual. Any of the manuals from companies like Sierra, Hornady, Speer, or Lyman would be a good choice. You can find the answers to many of your reloading questions in the "how to" chapters in the front parts of these manuals. Also, I'm certain that someone will be along soon to answer the question that you posted about.

Boolit Master
    Welcome to the forum!

I am assuming both sizer dies are RCBS?

On my dies of that brand they have the year made stamped on the top of the die body.

Perhaps that is what you are seeing. Dies made in 2005 and the other in 2014.

Best regards

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master

Take a picture and post it. That will help get a useful answer and avoid confusion/misinterpretation.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Mold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum, chbarnha! A good place to land, and you are among friends. A good piece of advice often overlooked is to call the manufacturer and ask them any questions you have concerning their product. RCBS has an 800 phone number and employs a couple of fellows that do nothing but answer questions and give reloading advice. Don't let them get lonely........ 1-800-533-5000.

DG

Pretty sure those are the dates of manufacture. But as mentioned, ask RCBS, they'll know for sure.

Boolit Master

Then come back here and give us their answer. It may help others get over their inertia,,,
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.