WidenersSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WHere is the Mail

People think I’m lying to them, but when I was a kid (early 50s,) I remember two mail deliveries a day. Sad what’s happened to the post office.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Master
    I just had a letter take 12 days to get from MO to KY.

Banned
    some areas are worse than others. My carrier is overwhelmed at times, with packaging mainly. The last few deliveries I had to chase her down. Casuals are slacking on the street as well as the processing plant I work at. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by scattershot View Post
    People think I’m lying to them, but when I was a kid (early 50s,) I remember two mail deliveries a day. Sad what’s happened to the post office.
    Yep, and the postage was four cents.
    One of my biggest gripes is and not with just the Post Office, includes UPS FedEx etc.
    The overly optimistic delivery dates. It seems most of the times it gets revised to at least 3 days later.
    I would rather they add a couple days to their estimation and have it show up on time or a day or two early.
    Like Ben Franklin said, better three hours early than a minute late.

Around covid I had a package get stuck for almost a month, the buyer was pretty upset.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Master
    Ok, just got the skinny from someone at our p.o. For our huge area north of Atlanta the contracts (private trucking co.'s) have ended and the postal service is providing their own trucks and drivers. Unfortunately they are short over 100 drivers. Total chaos now but it will even out. They did this in Athens GA last year. They are phasing these changes in slowly. We used to get 2 trucks a day, right now just 1. I wish they would address the damaged and torn boxes. Fedex just broke a cast steel powder measure of mine and would not make it good either.
    JW
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Our mail goes through the USPS mail center in KCMO. Right now they have 70 positions open.

Might have something to do with it.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    Not just USPS. Had a $400 package of various ammo just handed to me last week. Adult signature required, FedEx.
    We had a long spat of no deliveries, wrong deliveries and just plain screw ups a few years ago. But I do know when he's on vacation or sick. No deliveries most of the time. Totally forgot about holiday last week, put a package out in box. 2 hours later went out to get garbage can in, and flag was down. Dang Amazon package in the box with my package on top. Duh

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    My ammo was left at the door.

Mail is OK, smaller town but big enough to get some professionals. FedEx, UPS, no problems yet. Of course, I bribe my carriers by leaving a cooler full of ice and drinks, (non alcoholic, of course), when I know I am getting a delivery, since it gets a wee bit warmish down here. When I lived in Arizona City, however, it was insane. Contract PO, not one single regular USPS employee, NO mail delivery, all PO Box, lost a LOT of stuff through there. It got so bad that when I sent a money order out from there, the poor guy trying to cash it in Minnesota was told it was fraudulent! Seemed the contract PO couldn't find their MOs, so they "borrowed" a stack from an office in another town, so when the receiver added the zip code to the money order code, it didn't match. I almost got banned from a very large internet forum over that one, until the Post Offices pulled their collectives heads out. I lost many deliveries going out of that office as well, until I just started driving to the next town over to mail packages out - I am morally certain the minimum wage employees at that contract office were randomly raking packages home.
    However, IF things start to go as south as you guys are describing, I will just get a PO Box, as that office is 5 minutes from me, and will stop a lot of BS.

Moderator Emeritus

Local post office is now managed from a larger city. The head of that office tried to pull a fast one and tell me I was not eligible for street delivery, I had to get a post office box. I am over the 1/2 mile limit for rural delivery plus I am disabled. I told her to check my file and she said she did and I wasn't disabled in her opinion and get a box.

I had to get the federal disability people to come down on her. Turned out she was pulling that crap with every disabled customer. In her opinion we were all "lazy" and could walk to the post office! When I have days I am lucky to walk from bed to the bathroom to my office(I sit in an office chair, way better back support)... she ended up getting fired over it due to the complaints that were piling up.

Messing with federal disability laws? Fast track to getting even a civil servant fired! Terminally stupid.

Boolit Master

Boolit Master
    just like everything else
    aint nothing like it used to be

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by armoredman View Post
    Messing with federal disability laws? Fast track to getting even a civil servant fired! Terminally stupid.
    Well... she lives in my town... NOBODY likes her... last I heard she is selling her house and moving... nobody around here will hire her because she is a know it all abrasive jerk(to be polite... I can't post what I would say in public LOL I would get a time out!)

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Well... she lives in my town... NOBODY likes her... last I heard she is selling her house and moving... nobody around here will hire her because she is a know it all abrasive jerk(to be polite... I can't post what I would say in public LOL I would get a time out!)
    Actions should always result in consequences. Perhaps she'll relocate to an area with many other Karen's. Where she'll fit right in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12