Snyders JerkyRepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load DataInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Range Day, new mold success…

Boolit Master

Range Day, new mold success…

Took a trip down to the range today after work to try out the MP357-125-RN mold: in my AR9 SBR and my pistols.

https://www.mp-molds.com/product/mp-...av-bevel-base/

Short version is that my AR9 really liked this boolit over 4.0grs of Unique @ 1.100". It was accurate, fairly clear, and recoil seemed pretty standard. The pistols on the other hand didn’t shoot as nicely. No feeding issues or anything. I just wasn’t able to accurately shoot this load in my gun. I’m not sure if the problem was me, or the load. But I tend to think it was me…I never shoot great after working…

That said, there is definitely room to work up, the manual actually starts at 4.5gr of Unique for this weight. But 4.0gr seemed like a fine load for the AR9. Which is why I purchased this mold to begin with. Now, to work up something with its 147gr brother, the MP357-147-RN…

Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

How heavy a buffer do you have in the AR9? My AR9 build has a 8oz buffer and shoots hot handloads perfectly...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gnostic View Post
    How heavy a buffer do you have in the AR9? My AR9 build has a 8oz buffer and shoots hot handloads perfectly...
    No Buffer. It uses a modified cycle system with collapsing stock from Dead Foot Arms. This is a registered SBR, so my goal was to make something tiny….

Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Cool. Glad you found a load it likes. Neat little gun, thanks for sharing. I see you have a Surefire 6P light. Those are about the toughest old lights there are.
    BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Lead Alloy Calculator

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    Cool. Glad you found a load it likes. Neat little gun, thanks for sharing. I see you have a Surefire 6P light. Those are about the toughest old lights there are.
    Yeah, that thing has been on multiple combat deployments back in the 2000s, and is still going strong. I doubt I’ll ever wear that light out.

Quote Originally Posted by jdgabbard View Post
    No Buffer. It uses a modified cycle system with collapsing stock from Dead Foot Arms. This is a registered SBR, so my goal was to make something tiny….

I definitely like it...

Nice rifle looks like what those guys use to hunt the armadillos.

Boolit Mold
    Love this rig! Nice small package and takes Glock mags too! PC'd boolits look like good 'ol Ford Blue, nice choice.

I put together a CMMG radial delayed blowback 9mm AR using inserts in Pmags. Works pretty well.

I use the same projectile over 3.8gr of tightgroup. I use the 147gr in my ar9, but only run it suppressed.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron369 View Post
    I use the same projectile over 3.8gr of tightgroup. I use the 147gr in my ar9, but only run it suppressed.
    Is that the MP 147gr? Looks more “blunt” nosed than my mold does.

But that is sort of what I was thinking. I’m planning on putting a suppressor on this at some point, and figured a 147 Subsonic load would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by jdgabbard View Post
    Is that the MP 147gr? Looks more “blunt” nosed than my mold does.

But that is sort of what I was thinking. I’m planning on putting a suppressor on this at some point, and figured a 147 Subsonic load would be nice.
    No. It’s probably the angle. Those are the 124gr.