Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zero press

Boolit Master

Zero press

Decided to treat myself and ordered one of these:
    https://www.area419.com/product/the-...loading-press/

It should be here in a few days. Hope it lives up to the hype. Also ordered a Garmin Chronograph. That thing is a total game changer for ease of use
    East Tennessee

Boolit Grand Master

It looks like a nice press. Hope you enjoy it for a long time.

Boolit Bub
    I was just looking at their powder funnel kit this morning. I wish they had a better selection of caliber adapters.

Boolit Master
    Too rich for my blood. I couldn't ever justify the need for a press like that for that price. But if you can, I hope it serves you well.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgabbard View Post
    Too rich for my blood. I couldn't ever justify the need for a press like that for that price. But if you can, I hope it serves you well.
    Wow, I feel the same way.

Never heard of the press. I watched the video and it is a well designed machine. I like that they do not prime on the press. If I had it, I would deprime off the press as well. Seems a shame to get any dirt or crud on it.
    Last edited by dverna; 02-23-2024 at 04:22 PM.
    Don Verna

For reloaders that like a turret press, this would be the ultimate. I had a Lyman AA that I bought for nostalgic reasons. However after years of using 2 Dillon 550 machines, the turret system seemed like a step backwards. Now this is a personal opinion. I understand that there are many turret press advocates out there & I have no argument with them. The bulk of my reloading now is for handguns only & the progressives fit my needs perfectly. The rare need to reload rifle cartridges is done with my Redding Ultra-Mag.

I was just thinking for the same price I could add a Dillon XL750 with a case feeder.

On a side note I didn't remember them saying whether an extra turret was or would be available & at what cost. 9 holes in a turret would be OK for some folks, but most would need an extra turret or turrets to hold all of the dies for the different calibers that they load. Remember, his opening argument for the 9 hole turret is loss of perfect adjustments when removing dies was involved.

Final note: it is an impressive piece of equipment & the current ultimate in a turret press.

Henry

A real sport involves either gasoline or gun powder. All others are just games.

Boolit Master
    I'm not one to squander money. However as I approach 71 years old if I want it and can afford it then I'll buy it. Its not like I need to start saving more money at my age.
    I like using quality tools.
    East Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by snowwolfe View Post
    I'm not one to squander money. However as I approach 71 years old if I want it and can afford it then I'll buy it. Its not like I need to start saving more money at my age.
    I hear you! I am 72 and I work part time so I can buy a toy now and then.

I hope you enjoy the press! I looked at this several months ago and am impressed by it. I love turret press’. They make sense for batch loading to me. I have a Hollywood turret that is used 90% of the time. When I need to produce a lot I go to the 650. Works for me. I’d love to hear your thoughts on the press after using it a while.

Boolit Buddy
    Watched a lot of videos on it when it came out. That press is unique. I love the way the turret is locked after indexing it to another position. I hope you enjoy it.

Boolit Master

I watched the video and was really impressed. It looks like an extremely well made machine. I am 82 now and don't see very much reloading in my future. If I was a little bit younger---?maybe. james

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    I watched the video and was really impressed. It looks like an extremely well made machine. I am 82 now and don't see very much reloading in my future. If I was a little bit younger---?maybe. james
    We are only as young as we feel
    Besides, the press could be passed onto someone who will remember your generosity for decades to come.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Grand Master
    I have to admit I was impressed with the video but cannot see it being much better than the Co-Ax I have had for over 50 years. Maybe if I was chasing .5 MOA groups I could rationalize it.

And being 30 lbs makes it cumbersome to use on the In-Line dock system I went to after downsizing.

Still one heck of a press.

BTW, I know you have a Co-Ax so it would be interesting to see how the runout with the Zero compares to the Co-Ax if you have the means to measure it.
    Don Verna

Boolit Grand Master

If its the model I think it is it intrigues me. Linear ball bushing on the movement should be very smooth and effortless. These bushing can run in a .0005 interference. With little friction. While its expensive the price of these bushing and the machining that goes into this machine is amazing.

Area 419 is local to me only a few miles away. I believe they are all Hass machines and very skilled.

Boolit Buddy
    Nice press! I'm 72 but as others have said I won't miss a meal at his stage in my life so maybe I should buy one... Please let us know how it performs.

Boolit Master
    Well thought out press!
    JW
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Same here at 67 I finally have the time and money to get what I want( within reasonable limits) so it’s click the “Buy” button.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by snowwolfe View Post
    Good for you. I said the same thing to my gf. If they can get my back fixed enough to do some things again I am splurging on some tools I have always wanted. Gonna be 64 soon.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I have to admit I was impressed with the video but cannot see it being much better than the Co-Ax I have had for over 50 years. Maybe if I was chasing .5 MOA groups I could rationalize it.

And being 30 lbs makes it cumbersome to use on the In-Line dock system I went to after downsizing.

Still one heck of a press.

BTW, I know you have a Co-Ax so it would be interesting to see how the runout with the Zero compares to the Co-Ax if you have the means to measure it.
    Maybe if I was chasing .5 MOA groups I could rationalize it.
    I got less without it

Boolit Man
    Looks like a very nice press, let us know how it works. I don’t blame you one bit for buying it, ya never know how much time we have so enjoy the ride.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast