Snyders JerkyWidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NY Strip Steak

Anyone have pictures of their finished product that they would like to share?
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Master

We have a small town not far away and they have a small town store where my wife and I buy much of our beef. They have T-bones on sale this week for $4.99/lb and a few weeks ago it was Ribeye and then New York strips. i buy most of my beef in January and February because the price seems to jump on up after March.
    Take care all!
    Rick

A recipe that does not fail. This is for a steak that is at least one inch wide. First you wet it with water, then salt and pepper. Leave it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
    Heat very high heat for two minutes per side, on a grill or griddle. Then 8 minutes in a moderate oven. If it is thicker or you like it more cooked, you can extend the oven time.

Like any good Texan, Ribeye is king.
    That said, recently I’ve been picking up some Prime NY Strips. I Salt and Pepper them, then reverse sear. I am really enjoying them. I eat um straight up, with veggies, potato, salad. A good steak only needs salt and pepper….

Boolit Master
    coat one side of steaks with Tony Chachere's creole seasoning put steaks in gallon ziplock bag pour in Italian salad dressing, NOT the creamy type, to get steaks good and wet plus a bit. shake bag up like shake and bake being sure steaks are coated real good in salad dressing. put in fridge for at least an hour or two or even overnight.
    cook steaks on grill along with a good quality smoked sausage. bake a couple potatoes, make a salad
    Bon appetite

Boolit Grand Master

Cube it up bamboo skewers a chuck of steak a piece of bacon potato pepper steak bacon potato pepper until skewer is full.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by nueces5 View Post
    A recipe that does not fail. This is for a steak that is at least one inch wide. First you wet it with water, then salt and pepper. Leave it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
    Heat very high heat for two minutes per side, on a grill or griddle. Then 8 minutes in a moderate oven. If it is thicker or you like it more cooked, you can extend the oven time.
    I have found Argentina's steaks to be better than almost any other. Their word "ancho" while translated as wide, also means thick. They are generally served as extending over both sides of the plate, unless you order a small cut.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master

I have been using a Sous Vide then searing for about the last year. It took me a little to warm up to it but it's the only way I do steaks now.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12