RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: For thought and meditation Sat Feb 17 2024

USMC 77, USRA 79

For thought and meditation Sat Feb 17 2024

The Brilliance of God’s Grace
    by Greg Laurie on Feb 17, 2024

Once you were dead because of your disobedience and your many sins.
    —Ephesians 2:1

I am amazed by anyone who actually believes that people are basically good. I have to say that, in many ways, they have more faith than I do to believe that.

As I see the depravity that humanity is capable of, I become more convinced of the fact that people are not basically good. Actually, it’s quite the opposite. And that is clearly what the Scriptures teach.

Ephesians 2:1–2 says, “Once you were dead because of your disobedience and your many sins. You used to live in sin, just like the rest of the world, obeying the devil—the commander of the powers in the unseen world. He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God” (NLT).

In these verses, the apostle Paul paints a very dark background so that we might better appreciate the brilliance of God’s grace. Just as jewelers display beautiful gems on dark velvet so we can appreciate their splendor, so God, against a very dark background, shows us how bad we once were. But He also shows us what He can make us into.

It is this balanced understanding of humanity that gives the Christian the only logical and satisfactory answer as to why the world is the way it is.

Make no mistake about it: We are sinners to the core. We don’t have to teach our children how to sin. It comes quite naturally to them, just as it came naturally to us. We aren’t sinners because we sin; we sin because we are sinners. It is in our nature.

Maybe you’ve heard the story of the scorpion and the turtle. The scorpion was thinking about how to cross a river when he saw a turtle sunning himself on the riverbank. So, he went over to the turtle and said, “My dear sir, I was wondering if you might give me a lift across this river here.”

“If I were to do that,” the turtle replied, “I think that you might sting me.”

“What would be the logic in doing such a thing?” the scorpion asked.

“Well, you have a point there,” said the turtle. “Climb on.” So, the scorpion climbed on the turtle’s back, and they started making their way across the river. But suddenly, the scorpion lifted his tail and stuck it into the turtle, giving him everything that he had.

The turtle, knowing that they were both about to die, said, “I have just one question: Why did you sting me? Where is the logic in that?”

“There is no logic in it, dear turtle,” the scorpion said. “It is just my nature.”

We sin because it’s our nature. We do what we do because we are wired to do it. It’s the way we are built. It is not that we are products of our environment, although that can affect us to some degree. We can be in a perfect environment or a horrible environment and still sin.

It is just our nature. Yet God shows us what we can become by His grace.

Have a blessed day!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master
    This is so true. I used to be one of those, trusting of strangers and everybody really.
    Good morning Marko!
    Thanks,
    JW
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Master
    Amen good message.

Matthew 19:17
    King James Version
    17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Boolit Grand Master
    Good post. Gives people something to think about.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Amen, a great message today.