Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iron sights

Boolit Bub
    Had range time today, did a few shots to establish a load to start with and had it settle down. Started group work with first shots 4” low and right filed the front sight got it to 2” low from center of the bull 3 side by side. Upped the charge 10 grs. and put 2 more close to the same. Went to 100 yds. still low but just below the bull, all in all very good start need more work but a big improvement over peeps.
    Graysmoke

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    I did forget one other thing Brimstone brought up. Targets.

When using the rear peep and front globe with circular aperture I use a specifically sized bull. It is small enough to 'fit' within the front circular aperture. When sighting I then have two circles around a black blob. On a day with good light I can shoot 1" groups despite my old eyes.

To contrast, I can only get 2" groups with my Garand. The target is just not distinct enough to precisely place the front blade (and the blade isn't that well focused either). I have experimented with circular targets, large ring around a white center. Kinda like the idea of the benchrest square sighting target.
    When I was shooting M1 Garand HP CMP competition, I used a white paint pen to paint the top of the front blade and just down to the first serration so that I had definition between the front sight and the target, regardless of the range: 200, 300 or 600 yards.

Boolit Master
    I might try that one. I put orange inserts on my pistols for same reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12