RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: 10” 300 BO barrel for Contender loads.

Boolit Bub

10” 300 BO barrel for Contender loads.

I got home from work this evening to find that the 300 Blackout barrel I ordered from MGM was waiting for me. Planning on shooting a 170 grain RF out of an N.O.E. Mold I have for my 30-30’s. Anyone have any experience with a similar bullet in the Blackout?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Roy View Post
    I got home from work this evening to find that the 300 Blackout barrel I ordered from MGM was waiting for me. Planning on shooting a 170 grain RF out of an N.O.E. Mold I have for my 30-30’s. Anyone have any experience with a similar bullet in the Blackout?
    I shot the 155 grain 308 hunter and 170 grain rcbs bullets over 14 grains of h110 in this single shot pistol last week.

Boolit Master

I shoot a 150 and a 200 gr Spire point out of my 14" blackout pistol.

They are both NOE moulds and they shoot really well. I don't see why your 170 mould will not work but since you are shooting a single shot you might go for a more aerodynamic bullet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300BO 208 155 HT2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	323555

Boolit Bub
    I have a NOE 170 grain spire point also that I might try. Actually forgot all about it till you mentioned it! Was mainly thinking of using the flat nose to hunt deer with, but that spire point with a soft alloy might just do the trick. Thanks.

Boolit Man

I use the noe 310 171 RD in an AAC Handirifle with 7 twist. Haven't finished load development. Still trying mid-range burn rate powders with both HP and FN iterations. I do seat them shallower than the crimp groove, probably preventing them from cycling in an AR, but that's ok for this ammo and application: sub HPs cast soft for expansion at quiet speeds. CFE BLK seems to be the proper pixie dust, but one could probably run way faster burn and be satisfied, if not happy. I use lots of red dot all the way up to 375 H&H successfully.
    Let's go Brandon!

little gun for me with 125gr j and 150gr j bullets out of a rem md 7 aac. 2400 fps with the 125,s and 2200 fps with the 150,s. used for hunting only.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmer Fudd View Post
    I use the noe 310 171 RD in an AAC Handirifle with 7 twist. Haven't finished load development. Still trying mid-range burn rate powders with both HP and FN iterations. I do seat them shallower than the crimp groove, probably preventing them from cycling in an AR, but that's ok for this ammo and application: sub HPs cast soft for expansion at quiet speeds. CFE BLK seems to be the proper pixie dust, but one could probably run way faster burn and be satisfied, if not happy. I use lots of red dot all the way up to 375 H&H successfully.
    I use a lot of Red Dot also. Have you used it in the BO yet?