RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataWideners
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: Another primer post Fiocchi primers

Another primer post Fiocchi primers

Was wondering if anyone has used these. I got some today at Sportsman's in Carson City and at Cal Ranch in Carson. They were a little cheaper at Sportsman's. Won't be able to test them for a few days. Anyone use them?
    Thanks in advance

Boolit Master

Chief, they work great. Just shot 150 without any problems.

Been using them since my last inquiry here ..
    So far , very good !
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Boolit Bub
    Fiocchi primers are good to go. I've used a bunch of their SPP in the past and just received an order of 3000 more a couple weeks ago.

Boolit Master
    Yeah I’ve shot thousands of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

For over 35 years of reloading, I had never used any primer other than US made (CCI, Win, Rem, Fed). A few years ago I stumbled into a bunch of Fiocchi primers at an estate sale. This was during the Trump years and at that one sale I got 4500 SR, 3k SP, and 1.5KLR for a song. I have since used up most of these and they performed no different than any other primer. I have full confidence in them and will buy again without concern.
    Semper Fi

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by avogunner View Post
    For over 35 years of reloading, I had never used any primer other than US made (CCI, Win, Rem, Fed). A few years ago I stumbled into a bunch of Fiocchi primers at an estate sale. This was during the Trump years and at that one sale I got 4500 SR, 3k SP, and 1.5KLR for a song. I have since used up most of these and they performed no different than any other primer. I have full confidence in them and will buy again without concern.
    Semper Fi
    No doubt the Europeans can make good stuff; I would even add Eastern Europe (PPU & S&B) and Brazil to that asessment these days. Not sure about Mexico and the Phillipines, although I think PI had a really good run for quality scopes (Vortex, Weaver, Simmons, Nikon).

Boolit Master

I favor their 209's for shotgun also.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Thank you for all of the replies. I will use them as I have the the CCI's etc.

Boolit Master
    I wouldn't hesitate to use any brand-name European primer. Since I got into milsurp rifles years ago I've shot a metric ton of 7.62x54R from all over the former soviet union, 8mm Mauser, and .303 British. Regardless of vintage or country of origin the 54R and 8mm were sure fire. The Soviets probably properly stored their ammo for the long haul. The only .303 that gave problems were Pakistani (POF headstamp) from the 1960s and some British made (RL headstamp) made in WWII that regularly produced hangfires. I suspect the common denominator among .303 priming problems was poor storage conditions, i.e., too hot and humid, in third-world countries. I know the problem with the POF and RL was the primers because I broke down some of the rounds and loaded the cordite with new primers and it fired normally. Ammo stored by UK militaries was probably good.
    Last edited by higgins; 02-19-2024 at 08:09 PM.

Boolit Master
    Purchased 12 K of Fiocci large rifle primers in 2019 from Grafs. They have performed flawlessly for me. I would definitely purchase more; especially if at the price I gave for the original batch - $.025 per each.
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

Boolit Grand Master

I've used a lot of Fiocchi primers with no problems. We used to see them at gun shows for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    I've used a lot of Fiocchi primers with no problems. We used to see them at gun shows for cheap.
    The key words are "used to".

Boolit Master
    I also have used them (small pistol version, a few thousand of a single lot a few years ago) without issues.

Bought a case last yeR when they became available. They work great in my unmodified striker fired guns, over 1500 ds.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Mold
    I've ran close to 20k of them up to +p+ without any issues.