Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: For thought and meditation Tues Feb 13 2024

USMC 77, USRA 79

For thought and meditation Tues Feb 13 2024

Why God Created Us
    by Greg Laurie on Feb 13, 2024

Bring all who claim me as their God, for I have made them for my glory. It was I who created them.
    —Isaiah 43:7

What is the purpose of our lives? Why do we exist? Why are we here on this earth?

According to the Bible, we exist primarily to bring pleasure to God. Speaking through the prophet Isaiah, God said, “Bring all who claim me as their God, for I have made them for my glory. It was I who created them” (Isaiah 43:7 NLT).

That thought really bothers some people. They like to think that the world revolves around them. The result is they will end up squandering their lives in pursuit of something they never should have been seeking outright, and that something is happiness.

If you want to be an unhappy person, then try to be a happy person. In other words, if you try to find happiness by pursuing it, you never will attain it.

God predestined us to bring Him glory. That is a foundational truth that we all need to lay hold of. To miss this is to miss the reason that we’re on this earth in the first place.

The Bible says, “Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure” (Ephesians 1:4–5 NLT).

This is also echoed in Heaven. We read in Revelation 4 about twenty-four elders who fall in worship before the Lord on His throne, saying, “You are worthy, O Lord our God, to receive glory and honor and power. For you created all things, and they exist because you created what you pleased” (verse 11 NLT).

Let that sink in for a moment. The twenty-four elders are saying to God, “You created everything, and it’s for Your pleasure that they exist and were created.” God didn’t create us for our own pleasure; He created us for His pleasure. He created us to glorify Him.

When people try to find happiness in someone or something, it always will be a little bit beyond their reach, a little bit elusive, a little bit hard to get. They think it will be in that next relationship, that next experience, that next possession, or that next accomplishment.

Those who live this way don’t care what it costs. They don’t care about rules and regulations. Happiness is the main priority of their lives. But they never will find it.

Here’s the good news for us as Christians. When we seek to fulfill the purpose for which God created us—which is to glorify Him, honor Him, and bring Him pleasure—then we will find happiness.

It will come not from seeking it but from seeking Him. As the psalmist David wrote, “Joyful indeed are those whose God is the Lord” (Psalm 144:15 NLT). We must never lose sight of the simple truth that we were created to glorify God.

Have a blessed day
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

Amen, we honor and glorify our God.

Boolit Master
    Amen, give Him praise and glory.

Amen. All glory goes to God.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master
    In some ways this is a disturbing subject. An all powerful God needs us to worship and glorify Him. That is the reason for our creation. If He does receive adulation, we have failed as men and failed Him.

Is it as simple as guiding us not to love ourselves and become selfish?

If we love another person more than ourselves that is unselfish but problematic. What if our love is rejected? That love cannot be trusted. Only God can be trusted to never reject our love.

The need God has to be worshiped and glorified raises questions too complicated for me to understand. Is He a bit insecure? But that does not make sense. He is God.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Thanks for putting this up today Marko. I am not sure that i have ever seen anything in the Bible that says God "needs" anything from us - I see plenty about what I may do to be pleasing to him. Others who are more learned Christians may know better than I do - But I aim to please Him in every way I can, and I aim not to displease Him. God Bless
    Being human is not for sissies.

"Needs" might be better replaced with "wants" or "desires". I'm with those who say GOD needs nothing. HE created us, and desires that we live by HIS laws and commandments because that is what is acceptable to him.

DG

Glory be to GOD in the highest!

Don V yes in some ways it is a disturbing subject.
    But if the Almighty God maker of heaven and earth desires to be worshiped and adored. Yeah I can live with that.
    Put yourself in his shoes. Even with Angels around I could see it getting lonely at the top.

I think perhaps some of his idea's were not the greatest. But I do not know all, see all. Still, you have to wonder what he was thinking with the Platipus. Right?
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    Glory be to GOD in the highest!

Don V yes in some ways it is a disturbing subject.
    But if the Almighty God maker of heaven and earth desires to be worshiped and adored. Yeah I can live with that.
    Put yourself in his shoes. Even with Angels around I could see it getting lonely at the top.

I think perhaps some of his idea's were not the greatest. But I do not know all, see all. Still, you have to wonder what he was thinking with the Platipus. Right?
    I am completely awed by His power. Look into the night sky on a clear night in the country and think about all the galaxies where other worlds and civilizations may have been created by Him.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

I do believe God desires to have us to give Him praise and honor and love. The angels He has in heaven do not have a free will, they are not humans. We have free will and we can choose to love or not. That makes all the difference in the world ! If you had no choice what would be love, I think there would not be such a thing as love.