WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tell me about

Boolit Grand Master
    I still have my 4 5/8" Bisley Blackhawk in 44 special man I love that gun
    have had different 44 mags over the years and 45 Colts but just couldn't get the affection for them
    not to mention i could hit diddly with them, but that Special, man now your talking
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    A gun I wish I had bought many years ago was a Colt SAA that had been fitted with a 5rnd .41 Mag cylinder and 4 5/8 barrel. Really nice handling little thing and seemed to function well.

Boolit Buddy

Top right is my S&W 657 Mountain Gun and it's LBT 260 WFN mould. This replaced a six-inch barreled model 57 with an S prefix serial number. When originally reading about the 41 magnum it was stated that the 41 recoiled about 20% less than the 44 magnum. Personally, I couldn't tell you the difference. I've always liked the 41 and for no particular reason prefer it over the 44 magnums. Oddly enough where I currently live it's not an odd ball round but seen pretty commonly.

Boolit Master

Bought my first.41 mag back in 69. It was the Ruger BH model w/ 4 5/8" barrel. I started casting for it not to long after. I never did really find it hard to find componants to load for it. Been that way ever since. There's plenty, lots, loads of moulds available for the .41. Powders, primers, no problem except for the shortages now days. Brass MAY be a little scarce, but again, I've never had a shortage. Go to the gun shows, and pick up what you
    need. 1974, bought a S&W 57 w/ 6.5". Took to deer in years past with it, by opportunity. Both shots about 40-50 yards thru/thru. The load was 8 grains of Unique under the Lyman 410459. A couple years ago, I bought a RSBH Hunter with the 7.5" barrell. Very nice revolver. I sent the cylinder back the DougGuy to hone the throats. It shoots better than my eyes will allow me to these days. Out at the gun club, I shoot a lot of full house loads. Recoil is stout,
    but tolerable. I shoot alot at a 14" steel circle with the SBH Hunter with a 2x Burris at 200 yards. The clanger doesn't escape very often. I mostly shoot heavier slugs now days. I cast and shoot a 255 grain rnfp Ideal 412174 manufactured for the old 40-70, 40-75 Ballard, sized to .4105. I also cast the Ranch Dog 255 rnfp. It is a very accurate boolit. Both stoked with heavy W296 charges.Good
    hunting, for your .41.
    Last edited by littlejack; 02-11-2024 at 09:10 PM.
    If a 41 won't stop it, I wouldn't bet my life on a 44.

Boolit Master
    Super huge fan of the 41 magnum. Very accurate round out of my S&W 57. Would like to own a few more revolvers and a lever action in it