RepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Found a Browning Nomad recurve bow today!!!

Boolit Master

Good!
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master
    I have a recurve made by Beare. It is called the Grisly.It was made in 1953 and it doesn't have a crack anywhere. I also have a Ben Pearson called the Deerslayer and it is even older. T only cracks it has are in the leather that covers the grip. I will try to post pictures later.
    Last edited by GOPHER SLAYER; 02-19-2024 at 03:38 PM.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    I have a recurve made by Beare. It is called the Grisly.It was made in 1953 and it doesn't have a crack anywhere. I also have a Ben Pearson called the Deerslayer and it is even older. T only cracks it has are in the leather that covers the grip. I will try to post pictures later.
    Going to make me drool. Had to do some remodeling today, so I never got a chance to shoot again.

Boolit Master
    I am sorry but I am unabled to post pictures. My daughter, who is a computer wizz came over to help me and she couldn't do it either. It is a beautiful bow.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Not so good picture of my Bear Kodiak Hunter and quiver.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bow.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	323714

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    Not so good picture of my Bear Kodiak Hunter and quiver.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bow.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	323714
    That’s an awesome looking bow and a sexy looking quiver!

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    The other one I have a picture of above is a Ben Pearson from 65’. It’s a 47 pound pull…at 28 inches if I remember right? It takes a lot of pullto get it back to my long draw length so I believe the poundage builds really quickly past 28 inches. It’s the year my mom and dad got married and my mom bought it for him for Christmas or his birthday I guess she doesn’t remember and neither does he. It’s been sitting in the corner for decades, and I went and refinished it last year for him and we had fun shooting it. Been looking for one for me ever since. He has cracks in the outside of the limbs, but neither of us seem to worry about it and it still shoots great. I’ve shot some small game with it and varmints over the years. Never took it deer hunting just because I always liked having a pin sight to make sure I’m aiming. I might have to look for a stick on vintage pin site. Been wanting one for a long time.
    I thought the first picture looked like a Ben Pearson, what a great story behind the BP and you did a nice job on restoration and glad your Dad enjoyed it.

My parents gave me my BP for Christmas, probably 73'?
    The BP wasn't my original bow under the tree, Dad went to string it up Christmas morning and it snapped. So we picked out the BP after the return.
    I bought my Dad the Browning, probably 74' or 75' used, from a local newspaper for sale ad. I did take a look at the Browning and it's a Nomad Stalker 1
    Those are some great looking recurves you have, enjoy!

Here's a few pictures of the Browning and BP
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240222_170651.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	323734

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240222_170639.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	323736

For some reason it wouldn't allow me to posts anymore photos?

I post pictures through Imgur. If you’re doing it to our pictures, they only let you do so many of them. Nice looking bow!

I post pictures through Imgur. If you’re doing it to our pictures, they only let you do so many of them. Nice looking bow!
    Thank you
    I appreciate the information with the pictures, I didn't know that.

I forgot I had a picture in my phone of the Ben Peason of my dad’s I restored. Also, my first bow. I forgot the name of it but it’s also a Ben Pearson. Needs a string. There was a little white plastic dowel that use to stick out on both sides but broke off over the years. Ended up buying a Bear black bear recurve around 80’/81’ or so with my paper route money for around $69. That one is long gone. My buddy gave me his 91’ version of it last year. I refinished the wood on that along with my dad’s recurve. My new browning is sitting next to it. Also, my 1984, 7600 chambered in 30-06 is buried in the back. Time to get that one back in the safe because deer hunting was been over for a while.

I forgot I had a picture in my phone of the Ben Peason of my dad’s I restored. Also, my first bow. I forgot the name of it but it’s also a Ben Pearson. Needs a string. There was a little white plastic dowel that use to stick out on both sides but broke off over the years. Ended up buying a Bear black bear recurve around 80’/81’ or so with my paper route money for around $69. That one is long gone. My buddy gave me his 91’ version of it last year. I refinished the wood on that along with my dad’s recurve. My new browning is sitting next to it. Also, my 1984, 7600 chambered in 30-06 is buried in the back. Time to get that one back in the safe because deer hunting was been over for a while.

Your Ben Pearson looks brand new, great job!

Boolit Master
    Yesterday, I talked to an old friend who wanted to return my Martin 45# longbow to me. I loaned it to him some years ago for the Nevada bow season but he never used it or the dozen fine cedar arrows. Obviously it is not a takedown. He went down to UPS to ship it and they estimated it would cost $280!!!! For that amount of money I could fly down to Las Vegas on Allegiant from Bellingham Wa. to pick it up and fly back with money to spare. We will meet in the middle sometime this year maybe after NCBS and catch a few trout, too.

Yup, that’s ridiculous! I just sold my savage 220 slug gun and it cost me 75 bucks to ship it. I went FedEx ground the gun was 55 in the ammo was 20 to ship.

Think I'm going to try and make some turkey feather fetching. I have some wings in my freezer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234