MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 410 Ammo

Boolit Master

410 Ammo

Found 3 boxes of Win HS shells at Wallymart.410 2 1/2 in birdshot.Took one box home @ $16.99 for 25 rds.

Boolit Master
    Good find have the same problem finding some for my grandson awhile back.

Boolit Buddy
    If you bird dog Wally World enough you will find them. It helps to be retired. About $23 + tax for 3 inch Remington shot shells.

I have 6 shot that seems no one wants. I’m thinking of shooting them so I can reload the hulls. 9 shot at Walmart is ~$16.50 per box.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    $16.99 for a box of 29 just makes my butt pucker!lol. I remember back in the day when I was a kid in the late 70s early 80s and you could get a box of 25, 410 for $2.99, 20 gauge for $3.99, and 12 gauge for $4.99 in bird and rabbit shot. Best part is you still can get 12 gauge for $4.99 to $5.99 per 25 at Walmart if you’re there at the right time. Gauges in 410 and 20 gauge is now $16.99 on up per 25. Ouch!!!

Boolit Master
    That's why I'm loading mine in brass cases. With my present components, it costs me about $3.05 for 25 1/2 oz loads. When I have to buy more shot, it will go up to about $$3.85 per box. For 3/4oz loads, about $3.60 per box. When I have to buy more shot it would be about $4.75 per box at current lead prices. As I only use my 22/410 for grouse, I may never run out of shot.

Be glad you dont shoot 28g. But even 28 is avaliable mail order. For a while there 4:10 was priced like it was loaded wirh gold.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    410 is hard to find. There's high demand from the revolver shotgun crowd plus relatively low production. To be honest, $16.99 is a decent price. The olden days are gone...This stuff is never going to be "cheap" again.

Boolit Master
    The local Walmart has 28 ga on the shelf. No 410 at all. and no 16ga.

Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    410 is hard to find. There's high demand from the revolver shotgun crowd plus relatively low production. To be honest, $16.99 is a decent price. The olden days are gone...This stuff is never going to be "cheap" again.
    Which means the price should go down, back when we had capitalism, more companies would step in to fill the demand and competition would lower the price.
    Those days are gone.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    Which means the price should go down, back when we had capitalism, more companies would step in to fill the demand and competition would lower the price.
    Those days are gone.
    Except that the total capacity for shotgun shell production is relatively fixed, and although 410 demand is historically high, it's still a drop in the bucket compared to 12ga demand. Since it takes essentially the same resources to make a 12ga shell as it does a 410 shell, the at-scale production will always remain with 12ga because there is much greater opportunity for profit there. 410 will remain in batch production and higher overall prices will equalize the supply and demand equation.

They think 16 ga are made of gold too if you can find them. Mostly have to get them on line and then they are foreign brands. I guess not many use the 16 in Colorado. Wish I had kept all of the empties we shot on TX dove hunts in the 1970's. Aah for the good old days.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I saw 410 TSS shot at Walmart the other day and just about crap my pants with the price. I think it was 69 or 79 bucks for 10 of them. Ouch! I’ll stick to my $5.99 per 10 Remington 12 gauge turkey loads I bought last year from Walmart. They may not pattern as good as the 30 or $40 per 10 box but I have too tight of a pattern at the distances I shoot with the cheap stuff at turkeys on average and almost miss…at 10 yards.lol
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 02-11-2024 at 08:44 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I bought 5 boxes of 410 at Wally World today for $90 out the door. Two boxes of Winchester 2.5 inch and three boxes of Federal 3 inch. The Federal was actually cheaper by about a buck a box.

Boolit Master
    The Wal-Marts around here always have 28G at about the same price as 12G. I exclusively buy WW just for the hulls in 28G, but attain 12G hulls from the clays range, and reload both. It's much more difficult to find .410 anywhere. Much of the .410 I see is 5 round boxes of specialty ammo tailored for the the revolver crowd.

Boolit Buddy

The price of 410 ammo is the reason I sold my two Winchester Model 42's. I bought a 20 ga Remington 870 and have really been having fun with it.

Boolit Master
    410 cheepest to reload most costly to buy loaded

You load your own and do not worry about the store.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Pretty much the case with all ammo these days but I still can’t figure out 410 pricing.

I know at one point that there was not much 410 ammo, then when Tursus came out and then the Governor came out then it came back.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast