MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: Handgun from AIM delivered <oops!> to Indiana State Prison

Boolit Master

Handgun from AIM delivered <oops!> to Indiana State Prison

Don't recall if I ever shared this incident some years ago when I was living in northern Indiana.

AIM Surplus had East German Makarov for $120 (pretty sure). I ordered one and also ordered a couple boxes of S&B 9mmMak ammo that would ship in a 2nd parcel.

I lived on 600 North. The Indiana state prison was on 500North and on the other side of State Hwy 421. The prison was situated within the state DNR lands and Sandhill Crane Preserve.

So I'm just getting out of the shower and the phone rings. Lady says where she's calling from and that they have a parcel that was delivered by mistake and could I come get it. Since I was expecting two boxes, one handgun and one with ammo. I didn't know exactly what was in the box. Off I went to the prison in my rural camo (bib overalls). I walk into the front office to see a bunch of very somber secretaries and one fellow leaning against a doorway that I took to be the warden. Yep, he was the warden and he hands me an open box. Not knowing what was in the box I stick my hand inside to feel the obvious grip of the Mak. I said:" that must'a been exciting". They didn't share the obvious humor to the situation.

The FedEx driver was sitting there sweating bullets. He was real worried over this little mistake but I slapped him on the back as we walked out to the parking lot. No problema amigo.

I expected some grief at this situation. My name, address and phone were on the invoice so they knew who to contact. I figured they'd call the sheriff to report this fellow getting guns sent to him. Never happened. Of all the things that could happen to a gun whilst in transit it all fizzled out. No SWAT team descended on my abode and five minutes after getting home I loaded up both magazines and stepped outside my back door and let loose.

Dutch

Moderator Emeritus

Gee, no idea why they didn't think the situation was funny You got a good story out of it. Thanks.

Boolit Master
    What happened to the ammo?

Boolit Master
    I assume that you are an FFL? Or was the little commie pistol on the C&R list and you have a C&R license.

Boolit Master
    If that happened today you the pistol would likely be confiscated and you would be on the 6 O'clock news.

Great story!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    No problem for you, but the FedX guy could still be in Leavenworth!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

That's a neat story. Glad it ended well. Thank you for sharing.
    BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Lead Alloy Calculator

The wife and I got a good chuckle out of this....

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Deliver driver here left a whole shipment of new pistols in their plastic cases at a wrong address.....the resident thought they were for her boyfriend who was an iffy character ,so she accepted the delivery.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rickf1985 View Post
    What happened to the ammo?
    It was still on the FedEx truck. The driver probably come to my address next as it was close.

Dutch

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    I assume that you are an FFL? Or was the little commie pistol on the C&R list and you have a C&R license.
    I was 03FFL for many years. I thought everybody was a cruffler. And yes the East German Mak were/are curio/relic. I love crufflewapen....

Dutch