Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: 10MM, 190 gr. and Unique

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately

10MM, 190 gr. and Unique

I discovered 2-3 lb. coffee cans full of 190 grain RFBB bullets I had cast some years ago for my 38-40s, which after some testing, I found neither my carbine nor my Peacemaker clone liked in the least. So, they got shoved back behind a bunch of stuff and forgotten.

Recently I have redeveloped an interest in the 10MM and want to try these bullets in an S&W PERFORMANCE CENTER M&P® 10MM M2.0. I'm not looking to tear a bone out, just a nice comfortable load to shoot on a regular basis so I can use up these bullets. Please don't suggest I try to sell them. I already did with very little success.

In my 610 I use the 175 TCBB bullet and if I have to, I'll use it the 10MM also, but I was hoping, assuming it is feasible and reasonably accurate, to use up the 190s.

Given the powder supply situation I would like to use what I have, Unique. Alliant has gone plumb stupid with their prices but if absolutely necessary, and if I can find it, I would use Blue Dot.

Anyway, my question is: Does anyone here use Unique with the heavier 10MM bullets and what are you results? From what I have been able to find, it seems 6 grs. is a reasonable starting place. Agree, disagree?
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Master

I use 6.9 gr Unique with 190 gr swaged bullets in my 10mm. 6 gr would be an excellent place to start.

Boolit Master
    I used to shoot a lot of USPSA competition with a .40 S&W & a .10mm using a 180 grn bullet. (Until I finally got a .9mm revolver.) I used Unique a lot myself,, and it worked very well. I can't recall the load,, but they are easily looked up in loading manuals.

I originally bought my supply of Unique to reload 10MM with a similar bullet for my then on order Colt 1911 Delta Elite stainless when they first came out in 1987. Colt ended up refunding my money on the DE but I still am using the Unique all these years later.

I agree, start with around 6 grains and see if it feeds OK and cycles the slide. Then fine tune your load for accuracy.

Moderator Emeritus

I go a little slower with Power Pistol.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    I’ve used it in a GP100 with an Accurate 182-grain ogival wadcutter.

6 grains should be safe.

Based on my testing, my guess is it’ll fall between 850-900 FPS.

Among medium-rate powders, HS-6 has given the best results.