WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Did Magma Engineering go out of business?

Boolit Master
    Good luck to the Aussies! I would imagine they will eventually have a stocking dealer here with every product and most parts. It is a great opportunity for some young/middle aged guy here perhaps? Someone with honor, integrity, ethics and a strong work ethic that can read a tape measure...oh never mind.
    JW
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wayne View Post
    Good luck to the Aussies! I would imagine they will eventually have a stocking dealer here with every product and most parts. It is a great opportunity for some young/middle aged guy here perhaps? Someone with honor, integrity, ethics and a strong work ethic that can read a tape measure...oh never mind.
    JW
    There you go...being racist
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGun88 View Post
    YouTube is a plethora of DIY info regarding this very topic, and there are some designs made by others that really would satisfy your stated needs, with ease. Perhaps employ a younger person with good shoulders to do the arm work

Thanks YoungGun88, very interesting!

Tom from, Accurate Molds, Could you send me the contact information that you have for the company?

Boolit Mold
    I’m not in to casting bullets but I was doing a search for Magma Engineering and this thread came up. If anyone here is interested the machinery and other assets of Magma are being auctioned off. The auction is being done by Arizona Auctioneers. The auction is on Bidspotter.com and is a timed auction. It ends on March 21st with the first lot starting to end at 10:00 AM MT. For those of you that have never done one of these auctions it’s not like Ebay. There is no sniping. Every time a bid is made close to the end time the time extends another few minutes. There is a lot of interesting items(At least I think that they’re interesting! LOL)being auctioned off. If nothing else you can see what the factory looked like. I hope that some of you will find this interesting.

This is said news for the shooting world. yes they got someone to make them which is great. other's have made the comment on shipping and they are correct i have a family friend that lives in Au and the shipping cost is crazy. hopefully in the next few years they can have a supplier here in the us with everything we may need.

Thank you all for doing the research and taking your time to keep us informed.

Thank you and God Bless

JDAS
    Last edited by Jadkins87; 03-20-2024 at 11:23 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by SSBN641Gold View Post
    I’m not in to casting bullets but I was doing a search for Magma Engineering and this thread came up. If anyone here is interested the machinery and other assets of Magma are being auctioned off. The auction is being done by Arizona Auctioneers. The auction is on Bidspotter.com and is a timed auction. It ends on March 21st with the first lot starting to end at 10:00 AM MT. For those of you that have never done one of these auctions it’s not like Ebay. There is no sniping. Every time a bid is made close to the end time the time extends another few minutes. There is a lot of interesting items(At least I think that they’re interesting! LOL)being auctioned off. If nothing else you can see what the factory looked like. I hope that some of you will find this interesting.
    Yeah, I'm here locally in the area, so I bid on some of the mold inventory, but already have been outbid.
    When democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by atfsux View Post
    Yeah, I'm here locally in the area, so I bid on some of the mold inventory, but already have been outbid.
    I checked the auction out have a buddy out that way and i was shocked they put them in such big lots.. They may have brought more money in lots of 10 or 20 besides of 60 plus.. just my 2cents..

God Bless

JDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Jadkins87 View Post
    I checked the auction out have a buddy out that way and i was shocked they put them in such big lots.. They may have brought more money in lots of 10 or 20 besides of 60 plus.. just my 2cents..

God Bless

JDAS
    I agree. I would have happily spent twice per mold that the current bid is at. But more than half the lot is stuff that will take forever to sell and maybe never will.

Boolit Master
    very sad news. I dropped by their shop about 20 years ago. The owner gave me a personal tour of their production facility and we chatted about how we got into casting. He on his mothers stove with a cast iron pot, me over a bunsen burner with a single bullet Lyman mold. He was very generous with his time.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Got another email update from Schupter on their automated single mold caster (kinda patterned after the Magma Master Caster).

Hi there!

I'd like to give you a short update on the project status:
    1. The comercial machine concept is ready. It has been adopted to Magma molds as compatibility with commercially available molds was requested by a lot of people. Now, I also think that this is a good direction. We have refined every aspect of the machine we could think of, the next step is to build some and give for final testing. We don't expect any major changes, just a confirmation by a commercial caster that no further tweaking is needed.
    When a video of the machine working with Magma molds is available, I'll send another email.
    In the meantime I've posted some photos of the concept on our facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61555001162560
    2. We are experiencing some problems and confusion with molds. I would really like if you could help me understand how to approach this either by commenting on our facebook page or just replying to this email.
    So... We have some Magma molds, still waiting for a Ballisticast mold to come (on the way). They seem to be very similar to each other which makes everything simple.
    But we know some you requested compatibility with MP Molds, NOE and RCBS. I tried to contact MP and NOE, but it was very difficult to speak to someone and unsuccessful in the end.
    Therefore a few questions if you already have some machine casting experience:
    - How do they fit in casting machines? What parts have to be changed to put them in? Can you share some photos?
    - What about the sprue plate? Should we provide one that would fit them?
    - I know that some mold-makers mimic Magma and Ballisticast mold designs. So is there even a point in adopting other molds than these brands? It seems to us that only they are marketed as capable of high-cycle machine casting.
    - Some manufacturers offer various mold types/sizes/cavitations, etc. Which ones should we buy? Or, do you have a spare mold (MP Molds, NOE and RCBS) and could send it to us so that we can engineer machine parts and test?

Thanks for your help in advance. We have not planned for this and unfortunately those molds are now delaying the machine release... Regards, MN

Michal Napora
    Owner

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345