Snyders JerkyLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Did Magma Engineering go out of business?

Boolit Mold

Did Magma Engineering go out of business?

I went to their website. Says: "So Long, Farewell..."

I called them several months earlier about the Master Pot. Owner said there were issue acquiring heating elements. Also problem with getting workers, since most now are CNC operators.

Boolit Grand Master
    Wow!!! Hope they have just been hacked and it gets sorted out.

If they are done, it will make their equipment skyrocket in value. Every commercial caster uses it and there is no other supplier.

My Master Caster may have doubled in value? LOL

Makes no sense for them to shut down. There is value in that business and someone would have purchased it.
    Don Verna

Boolit Mold
    I've given them a couple calls in the last month, one to ask about Star sizer availability, they said they were waiting on castings for many months, but had plans to tap the castings and finish up the lube/sizers when the castings came in. Then they were hard to reach for a week or so, then they picked up the phone on a random Friday afternoon (Jan. 19 Mountain time). The person who picked up said everyone was pretty much gone for the week and to call back on Monday. Last contact was about two weeks ago, they didn't mention closing down the business then.
    Last edited by ljh599; 02-03-2024 at 03:28 PM.

According to at least one dude over on the Facebook "Magma bullet casting equipment owners" group, the website has merely been hacked.

While that is a more comforting thought than that Magma has gone under,...I see no one offering any sort of evidence this is the case. And in fact, as long as the drought at Magma has gone on, it would not be surprising, really.

If indeed Magma has shut down, I would hope it would be considered important and valuable enough to be bought up and resurrected by someone. I mean, sooooo many businesses use and rely on Magma. Missouri Bullet Company, SNS Casting, Hoosier Bullets, Blue Bullets, Brazos Bullets, Steel Valley Casting, Bayou Bullets, DG Bullets, and dozens and dozens of others.

And heck, living here in Arizona as I do,...my first thought is that this would be an excellent opportunity for Dillon Precision. I mean, Magma already uses blue as their signature company color, just like Dillon. The companies are both in the Phoenix metro area. Dillon likely has the cash on hand to do the deal, as well as techno-savvy machinist dudes who can take over and even upgrade the production.

You hear that Dillon? (Wink, wink.)
    When democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote.

Boolit Grand Master

One of the business rating sites has them listed as permanently closed.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    One of the business rating sites has them listed as permanently closed.
    I honestly hope that is not the case. I was joking about the value of my Master Caster doubling in my other post.

With the physical issues I am dealing with, casting bullets with the Master Caster makes life easier.
    Don Verna

I recall seeing on here a few months back someone posted a link to a European manufactured knock-off or sorta kind-of clone of sorts of the Master Caster,...but already automated. I can't recall the name now. Began with an S if I'm not mistaken. I recall it was painted black.

Anyway,...that might be an option now.

Oh,...here it is,...I found it. https://schuptercasting.com/

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Vj0yyssu7rs
    Last edited by atfsux; 02-03-2024 at 06:43 PM.
    When democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote.

Boolit Man
    I just ordered a couple of sizer dies from them for my star earlier this week, they arrived today.

I talked to them a week ago, the owner answered, which was rare. Hopefully they're still there, but it doesn't sound good.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by atfsux View Post
    I recall seeing on here a few months back someone posted a link to a European manufactured knock-off or sorta kind-of clone of sorts of the Master Caster,...but already automated. I can't recall the name now. Began with an S if I'm not mistaken. I recall it was painted black.

Anyway,...that might be an option now.

Oh,...here it is,...I found it. https://schuptercasting.com/

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Vj0yyssu7rs
    Just my luck .. I was going to pull the trigger on one of their machines and now they are out of business. Is Schupter the only alternative?

Boolit Grand Master

I hope this is not true! When I went to their website I got the same "so long" message. I can't believe that a company like them would close with so brief of a message.

Quote Originally Posted by atfsux View Post
    According to at least one dude over on the Facebook "Magma bullet casting equipment owners" group, the website has merely been hacked.

While that is a more comforting thought than that Magma has gone under,...I see no one offering any sort of evidence this is the case. And in fact, as long as the drought at Magma has gone on, it would not be surprising, really.

If indeed Magma has shut down, I would hope it would be considered important and valuable enough to be bought up and resurrected by someone. I mean, sooooo many businesses use and rely on Magma. Missouri Bullet Company, SNS Casting, Hoosier Bullets, Blue Bullets, Brazos Bullets, Steel Valley Casting, Bayou Bullets, DG Bullets, and dozens and dozens of others.

And heck, living here in Arizona as I do,...my first thought is that this would be an excellent opportunity for Dillon Precision. I mean, Magma already uses blue as their signature company color, just like Dillon. The companies are both in the Phoenix metro area. Dillon likely has the cash on hand to do the deal, as well as techno-savvy machinist dudes who can take over and even upgrade the production.

You hear that Dillon? (Wink, wink.)
    A friend of mine checked it out and told me it also appears to him that they were hacked.

Boolit Grand Master
    Just spoke to the owner. He cannot find people to work and is having problems getting parts. The owner shut down the site.

He will help with parts he has in stock. I wanted to order a spare heating element for my Master Caster and he cannot get them.

Sad day for the casting community.
    Don Verna

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Just spoke to the owner. He cannot find people to work and is having problems getting parts. The owner shut down the site.

He will help with parts he has in stock. I wanted to order a spare heating element for my Master Caster and he cannot get them.

Sad day for the casting community.
    Damn. This is a big loss.

Boolit Buddy
    I also called and ordered a part for my sizer today and heard the same things from him. When I ordered a feeder for the Star sizer from him abaout a year ago, he mentioned then that he couldn't find qualified people to work. Sounds like the days of finding a knowledgable machinist are not far off.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Sometimes....not finding qualified people is related to the pay being offered.

Boolit Master
    I am saddened by this news. Just in case the owner of Magma glances in here, thank you for keeping our beloved Star/Magma Sizers up and running, dies available and adding heaters and air assist too. Good luck to you
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    Sometimes....not finding qualified people is related to the pay being offered.
    Sadly, true. I've been applying for some work locally, and sometimes "it ain't worth it" when an employer only wants to pay c.2005 wages despite 2024 costs of living
    Having only spoken with (what I'm going to assume is the owner) twice now inquiring about status on getting those heating elements in(same answer both times about 4mos apart between calls), I was looking forward to plunking down some coin on a brand new Master Caster with a spare heating element and some other "spares" as a just-in-case sorta thing. Well poo...

Boolit Master

If I needed an element for my master pot I would begin by looking online for a band heater. I did this with one of my RCBS pots when it failed and it has been working fine for years.

Boolit Master
    The Schupter looks interesting but is intended for black powder bullets right now. Max pot temp in 750 so just a little hotter than a lot of molds like to be run and apparently uses proprietary molds. Will require a dedicated 20 amp circuit as well. Didn't see any info on pricing for the machine or molds, bet it won't be cheap.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast