MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load Data Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trailboss = GOLD

Boolit Master

trailboss = GOLD

I understand gougers throwing out crazy prices on gb In hopes of a sale. But there are bidders! currently 9oz of tb up for auction with 3 days to go.21 bids so far with tax & shippin $200
    can it go any higher ? may be

Wow!
    I have an unopened 2lb. jug of it, I would be happy to trade it for one of those new Marlin rifles. LOL

Boolit Master
    Yes Sir, I'll trade my Trail Boss for the new S&W lever action.

In Australia there were 3x4lb bottles of TB for sale a few days ago and it sold - $AU5,000
    Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Master
    anyone using tb should switch to something else NOW BEEN OVER PRICED for some time have gone to a whole new level now

Boolit Grand Master

WOW, TB didn't work too well for me and I ended up giving away 4 bottles of it!
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    I think I have 2 unopened cases plus a handful of the less than a pound bottles. Had no idea it had been going up, maybe I can retire.

Boolit Grand Master
    I never had any use for it.

One thing I have learned. If a powder is discontinued buy all of it that you can. Someone will pay a lot more than it is worth
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    When I bought my 44-40 revolver I had hoped to find trail boss, and couldn't. Then I found the CAS internet forums and learned what those guys were using as a substitute-- so I stopped worrying about it.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Stocked up years ago. TB is a great powder for low velocity loads in just about everything. Loading for antique weapons I have found TB very useful but also in low velocity 30.06 and .243 cast bullet hunting loads for my wife.

Paying a Full one pound price for 8 ounces didn’t make sense to me when they introduced it.
    I have no use for it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    Just checked GB: WOOFFF!!!!! I guess I'd better not use this stuff for lighting campfires!
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

Super Moderator

It fits a couple of pretty "specialized" uses for me, and it works very well for them. I don't use it for an "all around" cast bullet powder because other powders work better and it's too expensive anyway. I have a couple of pounds of it left and will just use it up because I'm not gonna pay the going prices nowadays.

Boolit Buddy
    I like it for suppressed loads in a couple calibers. Thankfully I have 4 or 5 jars.

Yeah I have 4 bottles of it that I have no use for.

This thread made me have to go on Gunbroker and see what people are are asking for other powders.
    There is a seller selling 1 lb. bottles of Unique for $ 89.99 plus $ 50.00 shipping !
    I haven’t needed any powder for some time but the last I bought was at a gun show last year and that was 1 lb. cans of older but unopened IMR 4198 for $ 20, I bought 2 of them.
    Jedman

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    Bet you can't get that price at a gun show, now... I went to the show in Abilene, a couple weeks ago: powder was stupid, and primers was completely insane!
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

Boolit Master
    I tried TB in a couple things but was unimpressed. It does work well in a Mosin Nagant with round balls, 5-6 grains shot almost as good as a 22 rifle but with primer situation am not wasting them for that. The stuff has a very narrow application.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlezx View Post
    I understand gougers throwing out crazy prices on gb In hopes of a sale. But there are bidders! currently 9oz of tb up for auction with 3 days to go.21 bids so far with tax & shippin $200 can it go any higher ? may be
    Is this on Gunbroker? How does an individual person sell powder?
    Currently casting and loading: .32 S&W Long, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, 10mm, 44 Special 44 Magnum. .223, 7.62x39, 7.62 x 54R, .30-06, 45-70, .32, .36, .44. .45. .50. .54. .58 and .60 round ball and various minies. And .375 heel crimped conical for those .36 conversions . KB6MRP on Discord

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jim 44-40 View Post
    Yes Sir, I'll trade my Trail Boss for the new S&W lever action.
    Me too, and I have the 8 lb.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 S&W Long, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, 10mm, 44 Special 44 Magnum. .223, 7.62x39, 7.62 x 54R, .30-06, 45-70, .32, .36, .44. .45. .50. .54. .58 and .60 round ball and various minies. And .375 heel crimped conical for those .36 conversions . KB6MRP on Discord

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast