Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: Hyatt Gun Shop

Boolit Master

Hyatt Gun Shop

Wife and I were out rambling around today, went to Charlotte, NC. She was raised there so we go through occasionally, what a mess. We stopped at Hyatt Gun Shop, don't usually stop there but thought I would look around. They claim to be the biggest in the country and I will not dispute that claim. Prices usually match too.

I always look through the bargain bin in the reloading section and low and behold there was a 20 round box of fired RWS 9.3 X 74R cases for $9.99, looked to be in good shape. I'm going to convert them to .410.

They also HAD one carton of Winchester large rifle for $89.95. This is the first large rifle primers I have seen in a shop in 3-4 years. As we all know they are pricey but I don't think it will get much better.

We occasionally take a day together and ramble around, go to junk shops and such and have a good meal. Today was a good one. We were gone for a while and the little dogs were mad but we brought them something to eat too. They have a full belly and are sleeping it off.

Boolit Master
    My brother lives in Charlotte,, and I've visited them on occasion. As noted,, their prices are a bit more than other places,, so I've never bought a gun from them. But occasionally, they do have odds & ends that are a much more fair deal than expected. Kudos on finding the brass. As for the primers,, I hate the way the industry has us screwed on primers in general. (3) of the (4) primer suppliers were a Vista owned company. Now Vista is a CZ owned company,, and it's NOT a US owned operation. WW is still USA,, but bigger contracts have kept us peons out of product to where we have to pay too much for what we need.

I call it; "Gun control by gun companies" because they are killing their own market. A gun is worthless w/o ammo. And a lot of casual shooters are leaving gun ownership because they can't get ammo or components.

As a resident of NYS, I cannot put all the blame on the guns and ammo manufacturers. First here they pretty much outlawed online ammo sales and now they require a state background check( through a system with more bugs than a NYC slum) which has threatened to put many gun shops out of business. Meanwhile, blue states AG’s and the US Justice ( what a laugh of a name) Dept. has sued manufacturers and attacked financial institutions that do business with them. If you were investing your money in a new business in this political climate would you invest in a gun or ammo company ?

Boolit Master
    Have you tried Blue Collar Reloading in Salisbury? OK prices by today's standards and pretty close to Charlotte.

Boolit Master
    I have been to Blue Collar Reloading, it's a good place to shop. Last two times I have been there there were no LR primers. The overall the price of primers were not much different either place. The reason I said they HAD a carton is that I bought them, I wasn't completely out so I will be good for a while.

Boolit Master
    I just ordered some powder from Blue Collar. While the price hurt a bit,, better than doing without.

And beemer,, we are neighbors enough to where I may know where some LR primers can be had if you do get low again.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by contender1 View Post
    I just ordered some powder from Blue Collar. While the price hurt a bit,, better than doing without.

And beemer,, we are neighbors enough to where I may know where some LR primers can be had if you do get low again.
    Much appreciated sir.