Reloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Heads up on large stash of Linotype and type metals

Moderator Emeritus

Heads up on large stash of Linotype and type metals

I seen a recently placed ad on FB marketplace (no financial interest for me and not related to me) for a 300 lb stash of Lino and a 500 lb stash of "other" misc type metal...Photos look like spacers and Large block Mono. It was previous listed at higher price, new listings overnight for a buck a pound, in St. Paul, MN or more specifically White Bear Lake, MN. A quick search on the Marketplace (55038 zipcode) will turn up the ads.
    I am not interested myself, as I already have all the alloys I will ever need...BUT this was too good of a score to not pass on to my castboolit friends...if you live in MN or western WI.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Thanks !

Last year a guy at our local collector gun show brought in some 35-40 lb. bars of linotype for $1 a pound. I bought both bars, and asked if he had more? He did, and I asked if he'd do better if I bought all of it he had to sell? He said he had 300 lbs. and we agreed on $225 for all of it, so I'm set now and well into the future. I mix it with pure lead I have to stretch it further, and cast for my 1800's single shot rifles.

Boolit Bub
    Great deal. Wish I could find something like that near me.

Boolit Grand Master

The lino is sold. I am picking it up tomorrow. I made the deal before this was posted. I didn't ask about the other.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Can confirm. I messaged and he said it was spoken for. Glad someone here got it .

Sent from my SM-S127DL using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

Glad to see someone here scored.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master
    Nice score
    Don Verna

Boolit Grand Master

He still has about 250 pounds of softer lead. I didn't think to ask but he had a lot of flat rate boxes and appeared to be shipping some. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer