RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: Cheap vs Expensive solar panels

Cheap vs Expensive solar panels

Can anyone recommended any specific seller for low cost best solar panels which are reaonable in quality, like the ones I got from ebay 4 years ago? Around 10 years ago I installed a branded and expensive German solar panel. Then around 4 years ago I installed 2 more cheapo solar panels along side the expensive one in series. They were all rated the same. 4 years on they're all going fine and the cheap ones are performing equally as well.
    I'm now wanting to add more! But it might mean me selling 2 and buying three more due to size constraints.

Solar panel technology has improved slowly over the years, with gains in how much energy they can collect and distribute, while costs to manufacture the panels has dropped over the same period. The panels can last for decades, but after a couple of those decades, you just aren't getting as much juice per square foot of panel as the newer ones could give you. So some places have switched out their solar panels with newer ones years early before the old ones have worn out, and those surplus panels are still quite serviceable and can be had for far cheaper than new ones. So that's one option. But if you want newest capacity and not have to replace your panels for 20 or 30 years, yes, buy new. Regardless of which you choose, out here in the desert southwest are some of the biggest dealers and resellers in the country.

In my opinion, from knowing many guys in the solar energy business as well as RV and off-grid retirees who depend on solar,...San Tan Solar in the greater Phoenix metro area is one of the best sources, especially for surplus panels. https://www.santansolar.com/product-...RoChNgQAvD_BwE
    When democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote.

Boolit Master

I live off grid and agree with atfsux, when I put my system together I was able to buy 275W used panels for $40 each shipped, have an array of 60 panels and it easily supports my 2200 sq ft home. Santansolar is a good place to start your looking, and a google search for used solar panels may turn up something close to you.