Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
WidenersRepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: For thought and meditation Thu Jan 25 2024

USMC 77, USRA 79

For thought and meditation Thu Jan 25 2024

Empty Promises
    by Greg Laurie on Jan 25, 2024

Can a man scoop a flame into his lap and not have his clothes catch on fire?
    —Proverbs 6:27

The Philistines were desperate. Samson had been killing them for fun and sport, and they had to bring him down.

So, they bribed Delilah, a woman he was in love with, to find out the secret of his strength. No doubt Delilah was an attractive woman, because for temptation to work, it must be alluring.

Samson once again got involved with the wrong person. First there was the Philistine woman. Then there was the prostitute. And then there was Delilah, who approached him with her enticements and temptations, promising so much.

That’s what sin is like. It promises life, but it brings death. It promises fulfillment, but it brings a greater emptiness. Satan had found Samson’s weakness, and he was ready to exploit it.

It’s important for us to understand that sin doesn’t take anyone against their will. We might hear someone say, “I didn’t want to do this, but I couldn’t resist. The devil overcame me. He overpowered me and made me do it.”

There is no question that the devil will tempt us. He will bring appealing temptations our way. However, there must be an interest on our part for those temptations to work.

As James tells us, “Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away. These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death” (James 1:14–15 NLT).

Satan will use different kinds of bait for different kinds of fish, so to speak. Here’s what we need to remember: It isn’t the bait that constitutes sin; it’s the bite. In other words, it is not a sin when we face temptation. It is only a sin when we give in to that temptation.

This is clearly what happened to Samson. And amazingly, Delilah didn’t try to hide what she was doing. She said, “Please tell me what makes you so strong and what it would take to tie you up securely” (Judges 16:6 NLT).

That should have been the first sign that this wasn’t a healthy relationship. But Samson didn’t realize what was going on. That is the problem with sin. It’s intoxicating, and it brings us under its power. Therefore, we don’t think rationally.

Samson thought he could handle Delilah. He probably thought, “What is she going to do to me? I’m Samson.” He may have even believed that it was a game. Yet the Bible warns, “Can a man scoop a flame into his lap and not have his clothes catch on fire?” (Proverbs 6:27 NLT).

This should have been a wake-up call for Samson. It should have shown him that he was on the wrong track. Meanwhile, Delilah was getting closer and closer to the secret of his strength.

Every Christian will be tempted. And if you’re being tempted, that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. In fact, it could indicate that you’re on the right track spiritually and that Satan is trying to take you down. The problem isn’t being tempted. The problem is giving in to it.

Have a blessed day!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

Amen & Thanks for the Scripture and word this morning - Good start to the day - God Bless
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Grand Master

Meditate on what James says - If I don't want it, its not tempting.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Amen, sin attacks us but we must choose to do what is right.

Boolit Master
    I know a few who have been taken in by a Delilah. One co-worker fell for her and ended up with 22 years in prison for supplying her drug habit. One divorced and hated by his kids. One who used County tax dollars and County time for his trist and was found out and publicly humiliated. And 2 who lost most of their savings before they got rid of them.
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Master
    There are a lot of men between the ages of puberty and old age who like to tap on Delilah and her sisters. I expect Samson was quite the ladies' man, but it caught up with him.

I used to work with a guy who had it all - then it exploded in his face after one 15-minute tryst in his car with the office receptionist. Lost his wife and family; was living in that same car six months after the divorce lawyers got done with him. I told my wife that we can all learn from bad examples, as well as positive ones...

Good message on temptation.

"The problem isn’t being tempted. The problem is giving in to it." That right there....
    Great message. Thanks Marko.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

God does not tempt, so when one feels a temptation coming check in with God and get MOVING!