Load DataInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dealing with the county

Boolit Buddy
    Years ago I worked as a mechanic on trucks and equipment and a traveling carnival brought in a truck and ride I worked on it for almost a week when they came to pick it up they brought quarters in bags for a job that came to just over $8000 dollars my boss said I don't want all the quarters The carnival guy said that he could write a check my boss took the quarters the next payday everyone was paid in quarters.

Boolit Grand Master

Called to inquire what this charge actually was. It is supposedly a 2 1/2% processing charge closer to 4% by my math. This on whats basically a electronic draw on my checking account. But if I paid online with a electronic check its a $1.00 fee.
    I think next year will be a cash payment all singles nickels dimes and pennies. Paying in all pennies they can weight them but a mix they have to sort. WIll probably take a wheel barrow to get it in to them.

I find it interesting a premium is required to do a face to face transaction thats basically the same as the online for a dollar fee.
    This was a debit card drawn on my checking account at a local bank branch. Not a credit card drawn across the country.
    I also find their 2 1/2% processing fee that figures out to 4% interesting to say the least. These people wonder why government and its entities wonder why they arnt trusted and honored anymore.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    Called to inquire what this charge actually was. It is supposedly a 2 1/2% processing charge closer to 4% by my math. This on whats basically a electronic draw on my checking account. But if I paid online with a electronic check its a $1.00 fee.
    I think next year will be a cash payment all singles nickels dimes and pennies. Paying in all pennies they can weight them but a mix they have to sort. WIll probably take a wheel barrow to get it in to them.

I find it interesting a premium is required to do a face to face transaction thats basically the same as the online for a dollar fee.
    This was a debit card drawn on my checking account at a local bank branch. Not a credit card drawn across the country.
    I also find their 2 1/2% processing fee that figures out to 4% interesting to say the least. These people wonder why government and its entities wonder why they arnt trusted and honored anymore.
    They may be having a third party do the Collection/Deposit/Records keeping. I've seen this with properties we have in North Carolina and Nevada.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

I've still got some land I inherited in MS. In the past I could do electronic check for about 1% fee. Not any more. Echeck is the same fee as debit or credit cards, 3%..... kind a scam. Echeck here in Arkansas is only a small fee. Cheaper than driving down and waiting in line

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post
    They may be having a third party do the Collection/Deposit/Records keeping. I've seen this with properties we have in North Carolina and Nevada.
    No doubt this is true, you can't expect them to actually do their job.

Boolit Master
    Sheer curiosity here - I receive my tax bill several months in advance. I write a check and get a receipt for that payment.
    Why is everyone needing to pay with CC or DC or coins? Do your counties give short notice tax bills?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Im disabled I sent my son with my debit card to pay the bill rather than load me and my chair up in the weather. .

I pay mine in two installments send check by mail, never leave my home.
    The amount is the same whether I pay in one or two installments, so I pay in two.
    I figure I may as well collect the interest as the county.
    I try not to make it any harder than it needs to be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12