WidenersRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dillon "No BS Warranty"...it really is true.

I was telling my son about Dillon, said he was going to Vegas to Nellis the next month and was going to the Shot show to visit the Dillon guys. He had an appreciation plaque and letter to deliver to them from the Guardian Angel Research and Development Center. Mike Dillon bought a Mini Gun and it kept jamming on him, so Mike re-designed the feed system, made the modified parts in his shops and gave the mods and parts to the USAF rescue units for use on their combat rescue choppers. No telling how many lives Mike and the Dillon Company saved by turning the mini gun from a 60% gun to a 99% gun. So they have great customer service and do good for the GIs as well.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by nidrab View Post
    I have no blue presses but testimonials like this one makes me think I need to get one or more.
    If you are willing to pay for the quality and the world class customer service, do it.
    It's really that simple.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Grand Master
    A while back I bought a Lee 6000 as a project and to give Lee a fair shake. Life got in the way, so I need to get back to it but so far this is my experience.

I have had to fiddle with, and order and replace more parts on the 6000 than I did on eight Dillons (2 SD's,2 550's, 1 650, 2 1050's, 1 SL900). I have loaded about 500 rounds on the Lee and over 250k on the Dillons. The parts on the Lee were clutches and the silly springs, the primer seating stem would seize and jam and was a free upgrade, and the primer shuttle did not work well and was another free upgraded. "Free" parts don't impress me because you are down until they arrive. I paid to get 3-4 spares of the cheap stuff that I seem to break and bend.

I am 90% sure I can get the 6000 running at an acceptable efficiency for my current needs of 2000-3000 rounds a year. But I am 100% sure it will never be a Dillon.

When I was competing, and shooting over 15k rounds a year, there is no way I would be dependent on a Lee. Back then I was working, and time was at a premium. As an old retired man, who shoots a lot less powder burners, I think the Lee will be OK.

I am a prepper and my contribution to "the tribe" will be to cast bullets/slugs/buckshot and produce pistol, rifle and shotgun ammunition. I may sell the last 1050 I have, but I will never sell the 550. I would not want to be dependent on a Lee when the SHTF.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    I have about 30 presses as I buy most used at very low prices. If I had to get rid of all but three, those three would be an RCBS rockchuck an old bonanza co=ax and last a Dillon 550b. The absolute last would be the 550b. That would not be because of it's no BS warranty but because I haven't needed the warranty for anything on either the 550 or my Square Deal. I also find it interesting that many Dillon owners would keep their 550 to the last.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    I have about 30 presses as I buy most used at very low prices. If I had to get rid of all but three, those three would be an RCBS rockchuck an old bonanza co=ax and last a Dillon 550b. The absolute last would be the 550b. That would not be because of it's no BS warranty but because I haven't needed the warranty for anything on either the 550 or my Square Deal. I also find it interesting that many Dillon owners would keep their 550 to the last.
    You must be my brother. If I had to live with only three presses I would pick the same ones. Actually, I could ditch the RC as I only use it to size machine gun brass from 5.56 and 7.62, and now have enough rifle cases to last the rest of my life.
    Don Verna

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12